Taranis X9D plus suddenly turn off during flight

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
sseaeagle

Taranis X9D plus suddenly turn off during flight

Post by sseaeagle »

Hello.

I bought second hand taranis X9D plus at 20th Sep 2022.

I'm using it with pixhawk-cube heavy-lift 450 class quad & xm+ receiver.

it seemed to be good at first... but I experienced this weird behavior 4 times in this 2 months while I flew my quad.

today, I hovered my quad for vibration test. I set all sticks including throttle stick to middle position and put down my x9d on stone softly.

after about 4 minutes of hovering, I wanted to land it. but throttle stick was never responded.

when I checked the transmitter screen, it was total blank.(I remember that there was no also backlights but not sure)

so I turned off my transmitter and turned on again. there was throttle warning and switch warning, so I had to urgently put down throttle and switches to zero position and set it to normal position again. as a result my copter severly plunged.

after that my copter regained control and was able to land safely.

there was same problem before but it was on landing situation.

transmitter was suddenly blank with power switch on, and no failsafe. but no respond.

only after power off and on solved the symptom.

I searched on google and found no similar problem.

I found one case with hardware issue(power button problem) but it is not my case's reason.

when I hit my transmitter on power-on it is okay. it seems not the hardware problem.

and if I plug out battery when the power-on, it still regain the power. and there pops up warning sign on the screen after reboot so I can figure out the last brown-out is from battery problem.

it seems that battery is still working well because it still works about 2~3 hours?(I didn't tested time yet but the battery is still fine I guess)

FW is : opentx-x9d+
vers : 2.3.14-otx(1e09xxxx)
Date : 2021-07-23
EEPR : 219

my second-hand seller is racing drone user and said there was no same problem when he used.

I was using spektrum dx7s and because of the ali-express fake receiver I changed my tx to this.

so I want to fix this problem. I don't want to buy additional tx. now I already have two....

kalle123

Re: Taranis X9D plus suddenly turn off during flight

Post by kalle123 »

sseaeagle

Re: Taranis X9D plus suddenly turn off during flight

Post by sseaeagle »

I live in republic of korea.

it seems that official service center is not in korea, as your replied webpage.

It seems that I have to find local service center here.

and I will also e-mail the service center. thank you.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”