XR8 rx telemetary sensors

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
aadamson

Re: XR8 rx telemetary sensors

Post by aadamson »

Thanks Mike I'll be home on Thursday and will take a look. I'll leave it to you to decide how best to utilize. Might there be a way to default to how it worked prior until it sees an actual voltage on the new pin and then do a remap or substitute or what makes sense?

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The implementation is to read the 'second' ADC input (the debug pin closest to analog connector) as a 10-bit value (0-1023). The pin is configured with an internal pullup. If the value is over 999, it is ignored. If the value is less than 1000, then the pin is changed to analog input and the read value is then sent, currently as the second temperature, having been converted to 8 bits in the same way as the original analog input.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

FrSky have put two ADC inputs onto their new UART sensor. I'm trying to find out what application IDs they are using.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have some info on these ADC inputs. They use completely different IDs and different scaling to A1 and A2.
I think, in general, that to use a second ADC input really needs support in the Tx as well.
Perhaps the easiest thing to do is to handle the receiver voltage separately to A1, then the second ADC could be A1. I can add this to er9x/ersky9x, but openTx would need to change as well.
I think the implementation would be to use the Rx voltage as A1, as it is now, UNLESS an actual A1 value is received.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
aadamson

Post by aadamson »

For now Mike, I'm just rolling with the prior released firmware... Thanks for looking into it, but it works as is for 90% of the folks.

MikeR

Post by MikeR »

I would appreciate any help/advice making an A2 Smart Port interface work for the X8R receiver. I have written code in assembler for a PIC. I can send data and pretend to be a vario ( I bought one to see how the Smart Port works) and show alt/V spd on the tx. However when I use the IDs for A2 nothing happens (correct data increases the frequency of the request for that data). I can see my string on the bus but the rx does not appear to respond to it (1B only requested in the sequence of all the other IDs). I send the string around 400us after seeing the 0x7E, 0x1B (as is the case for the vario after 0x83). An example string is: 0x10, 0x03, 0xF1, 0xA0, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x5B. A0 being a test value and 5B the checksum (so all adds to FF).

I have set up the A2 range in the tx and tried rebinding to the rx. Any other suggestions? Is the timing of sending the string important ( I did try sending immediately after the 0x1B)?

Do I have to do anything to tell the rx to look for A2?

Thank you

Mike
aadamson

Post by aadamson »

if you look back through this thread, you'll see the link to Mikes AVR code with source. it's on code.google.com and about about page 3 - 5 I think.

Alan
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Checksum is incorrect as the calculation adds back in any carries, try a check sum of 5A on that sequence.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Have you configured the A2 ratio/range? If this is set to 0, A2 is "turned off". You need to configure it to be the maximum value voltage the analog input can represent.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Forget it, lynnn's posts are (were until I threw them into oblivion) copy/pastes of sentences from earlier posts in this thread! He/she was just a spammer wanting to place their links...
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Good catch, I didn't do anything as I wasn't sure

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
aadamson

Post by aadamson »

All,

I got a few of these to Rich in the UK.... There aren't many left, but I'm waiting on a batch of 500 so hopefully, there will be enough to go around.

Check this link if in EU, etc.

http://www.t9hobbysport.com/analogue-vo ... r-receiver

Wayne is out in the US... waiting for my 500 batch

Alan
aadamson

Post by aadamson »

Mike,

Did we give up on the second ADC input on this board? I got a request and I knew you looked at it, but it wasn't as straight forward as it might be to keep things clean with the Taranis etc... plus mapping to which value was a noted issue?

Just checking,
Thanks,
Alan
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The official FrSky boards we just received actually have A1 and A2 inputs. We'll have to see how it works, but I would imagine it's possible that if the receiver receives an A1 value through S-Port it detects it and stops sending its own value and sends the external one instead.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Are you referring to the UART boards? They have A3 and A4 inputs with different application IDs to A1 and A2.
Just got mine today!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Mine arrived today too, but it is a bit confusing as the labels and manual say "A1" and "A2"... hence the "we'll have to see how it works" as whether it's the IDs or the labels something will be wrong for sure.

I've learned to only trust my logic analyzer...

The manual also mentions the possibility of adjusting settings on the boards, but without any info on how to do so.
AlexC

Post by AlexC »

It's a recurring theme about the poor quality of the FrSky manuals. Could they not pay some of you electronic chappies to write proper manuals for their products.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

aadamson wrote:Did we give up on the second ADC input on this board? I got a request and I knew you looked at it, but it wasn't as straight forward as it might be to keep things clean with the Taranis etc... plus mapping to which value was a noted issue?
I've got the official UART boards with ADC ports so I will be able to look into this a bit more now. (added to my todo list!)

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
aadamson

Post by aadamson »

MikeB wrote:
aadamson wrote:Did we give up on the second ADC input on this board? I got a request and I knew you looked at it, but it wasn't as straight forward as it might be to keep things clean with the Taranis etc... plus mapping to which value was a noted issue?
I've got the official UART boards with ADC ports so I will be able to look into this a bit more now. (added to my todo list!)

Mike.
Thanks Mike
deltasigma

Post by deltasigma »

Hi,

I able to read the A2 value in my telemetry and my Taranis convert the data into voltage but i'm not able to setup a warning alarm base on the A2 channel value !

Did other folks got this kind of issue with Taranis/X8R?

Deltasigma
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Hmm, looks like the A2 alarms from the telemetry setup page are currently inhibited in D16 mode as there wasn't supposed to be an A2 in the first place. Will be reinstated in next release.
In the meantime you can use a custom switch/custom function.
deltasigma

Post by deltasigma »

Kilrah wrote:Hmm, looks like the A2 alarms from the telemetry setup page are currently inhibited in D16 mode as there wasn't supposed to be an A2 in the first place. Will be reinstated in next release.
In the meantime you can use a custom switch/custom function.
I try the custom switch but not working
example :
CS1 a<x A2 15.00
CS2 a>x A2 15.00
and two customs functions:
CF1 CS1 play track fltbatlow
CF2 CS2 play sound siren

but nothing... strange because I cover all the range with these CS

DeltaSigma
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

OK I just checked, it was also disabled in the custom switches for the same reason.
You'll have to wait for next release.
ckleanth

Post by ckleanth »

Hi guys, I wanted to use my x8r with the x8r2analog device that can use with 2 analog inputs from a voltage reducer. Any chance to get an eta when (and if) we will have a modified x8r2analog firmware with the required changes / support from opentx/ersky9x?
Thanks
If it has wings it will fly...
deltasigma

Post by deltasigma »

Kilrah wrote:OK I just checked, it was also disabled in the custom switches for the same reason.
As alternative, can i change my X8R configuration from mode 5(d16) to mode1 (d8) ?
is that will make a workaround if my TX/RX works with protocol XJT-D8 mode instead of XJT-D16 ?

Deltasigma
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It's on my todo list, but I'm a bit busy with the 9XR-PRO at the moment. I have a version of the code for the device that reads a second analog input. I need to look at the FrSky SPort UART device (with 2 analog inputs called A3 and A4) and probably output this second analog as A3.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

deltasigma wrote: As alternative, can i change my X8R configuration from mode 5(d16) to mode1 (d8) ?
No, the data from Sport sensors won't arrive to the radio in D8 mode.
ckleanth

Post by ckleanth »

MikeB wrote:It's on my todo list, but I'm a bit busy with the 9XR-PRO at the moment. I have a version of the code for the device that reads a second analog input. I need to look at the FrSky SPort UART device (with 2 analog inputs called A3 and A4) and probably output this second analog as A3.

Mike.
Thanks Mike. :) im busy building a few airframes so I can wait :)
If it has wings it will fly...
deltasigma

Post by deltasigma »

Kilrah wrote:OK I just checked, it was also disabled in the custom switches for the same reason.
Any idea when the next release will be "release" :D

So in clear term the "bug" come from the OpenTX code or Frsky code?
Should I have to open a new ticket in that list http://code.google.com/p/opentx/issues/list
deltasigma

Post by deltasigma »

Kilrah wrote:
deltasigma wrote: As alternative, can i change my X8R configuration from mode 5(d16) to mode1 (d8) ?
No, the data from Sport sensors won't arrive to the radio in D8 mode.
In the documentation of the X8R, I saw telemetry is "active" in Mode1 (D8)...
The S.Bus will not work but the S.Port seem to be active.
Should I understand that's the radio will not take care of the telemetry then.

Just try to confirm my understanding :)

Deltasigma

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”