X9D PLUS 2019 power on-off problem

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
matthieuopsomer

X9D PLUS 2019 power on-off problem

Post by matthieuopsomer »

Hello,

I bought 4 months ago a new XD9 Plus 2019 (EU-LBT)
Radio worked well since now.

Not used an SD-card in yet, and never flashed the firmware (till 2 days ago when problem occured)

The problem happened 3 days ago. I was programming a new model in the radio and suddenly the radio powerd off, while I was setting up the model in the menu.
I thought It could be a problem with the 2S LiPo in it. Charged it, put it back in, but couldn't get the radio powerd on again.
Tried another LiPo,... nothing...

I searched the forum, tried everything I could find, nothing helped, and finaly I flashed the firmware with the latest Open-Tx version.
Nothing, still the same problem...
Tried some older versions of Open-Tx, same problem...

Then, I saw when I plug in the LiPo, the speaker makes a short noise and the led of the on-off button blinked for a short moment.
Then I tried this: Lipo plugged out, pushed the on-off button, keep it pushed while plug in the Lipo, and the radio powers up!
At that stage I was happy.
Then I tried to turn it off, keep the on-off button pushed till the 'zzz', radio is off, release the on-off button and then radio turns on immediately when I released the on-off button :shock:

So the problem is: I can power on the radio only by keeping pushed the on-off button and at the same time plug-in the LiPo, and afterwards I can only power off the radio by removing the LiPo.

Has someone an explanation to this?

Is it a firmware issue or is it a hardware problem?

Thanks!

Kilrah

Re: X9D PLUS 2019 power on-off problem

Post by Kilrah »

Hardware problem.
matthieuopsomer

Re: X9D PLUS 2019 power on-off problem

Post by matthieuopsomer »

I forgot to mention that I have an exclamation mark on the display.

When I first power on the radio it isn't there, but when I shut it down and it automaticaly turns on just after I powered it of (as described in previous post) that exlamation mark comes on.

IMG_3480[3604].jpg
exclamation mark on display
(385.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”