X8R Physical Channels not separate from Taranis Assignments?

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
salukikev

X8R Physical Channels not separate from Taranis Assignments?

Post by salukikev »

I'm sure this is basic but I can't seem to sort it out and I guess I haven't yet come up with the right search terms to describe. So here we go:

I think I understand the Inputs & Mix menu of my Taranis. I think I also understand the binding process. I'm currently bound to:
XJT D16
I defined my channel range as CH9-16 (9ms)
Receiver 00 [Bind] [Range]

My X8R is bound to my flight control via Sbus and of course it also has physical plugs for servos/esc's etc.
So I feel like theres no reason to use available plug channels for the stick inputs since they are all coming from the FC (Ailrons,Elevator,Throttle,Rudder). That's why I picked channels 9-16 thinking that would leave channels 1-8 open for servos & such regardless of what OpenTx is doing. That's not what's happening, though I have successfully defined all my stick inputs and Betaflight is reacting appropriately to those.

What am I doing wrong here? I also have a servo connected to the plug for CH3 which moves with the throttle although I don't see any assignement to CH3. I feel like I'm close to figuring this out but not quite there. Can anyone help bump me into success? Thanks!

Kilrah

Re: X8R Physical Channels not separate from Taranis Assignments?

Post by Kilrah »

If you want the pins to put out channels 9 to 16 you need to select that in the popup menu when binding, not in channel range, you probably want that set to 1-16 if you want all of the channels.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”