TARANIS X9D not showing full external rf protocol list

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Hermanart

TARANIS X9D not showing full external rf protocol list

Post by Hermanart »

Hello, I'm new here.
I just received my OMP M1 and was trying to bind it to my TARANIS X9D, I bought the jumper JP4IN1-SE (because it had amazon prime) and flashed the new firmware onto it using flash multi, but the list of supported protocols on open tx is unchanged, and without the OMP option; consequently, my Heli remains unbroken, and on my desk. The firmware I flashed to the module was "multi-stm-serial-aetr-v1.3.1.92.bin". It must also be noted that I could not flash the firmware using the TARANIS because the file would not show up in the SD file browser. I would appreciate some guidance. I'm also new to the whole open TX thing, I just copped this remote off my friend for a solid $30 in mint condition.

Kilrah

Re: TARANIS X9D not showing full external rf protocol list

Post by Kilrah »

What's the firmware version running on the Taranis? You probably need to update that too to have an updated protocol list, or you can choose custom and give the protocol number instead.
Hermanart

Post by Hermanart »

I’m running the latest firmware, I just updated it to 2.3.11. I was unaware of the custom protocol thing, that may help, I’ll try after work.
Hermanart

Post by Hermanart »

Kilrah wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:37 am What's the firmware version running on the Taranis? You probably need to update that too to have an updated protocol list, or you can choose custom and give the protocol number instead.
I can’t find the custom option, it only lists protocols, I feel like I’ve missed a step, because I cannot get the radio to show the module firmware version.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Is internal module turned off?

OMP is there in the default list on 2.3.11 so no need for Custom, but you still want to fix telemetry.

Hermanart

Post by Hermanart »

Kilrah wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:34 pm Is internal module turned off?

OMP is there in the default list on 2.3.11 so no need for Custom, but you still want to fix telemetry.
My list of options is only PPM, XJT, DSM2, CRSF, MULTI, R9M, GHST, and SBUS, I’ve spent nearly 2 hours trying to get it to show the rest with no luck, Hence my reason for this forum :?, yes it’s turned off
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You have a multiprotocol module, so you select MULTI and the selection for all the protocols it supports is below.

Envoyé de mon TAH-N29m en utilisant Tapatalk

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”