FrSKY X9 Lite URUAV - stopped working [SOLVED]

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Bach

FrSKY X9 Lite URUAV - stopped working [SOLVED]

Post by Bach »

Hi guys,

So I had this for months and it was working fine. I finish my flight and switched it off. I went back to switch it on and all I hear is a small pop from the microphone indicating it’s got power I assume. Nothing appears on screen and the LED light for the power button doesn’t light up either.

Any ideas what could have happened? I tested with different batteries and even with USB connection. nothing.

I have recorded this test video I hope you can hear that microphone sound. But yeah... this controller was hardly used.. and still pretty much brand new.

Please help!
Attachments
IMG_1981.MOV
(23.31 MiB) Downloaded 211 times
Last edited by Bach on Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bach

Re: FrSKY X9 Lite URUAV - stopped working

Post by Bach »

Nobody from FrSky here?
I have sent an email to [email protected] and still no response it's been almost two weeks.
Bach

Re: FrSKY X9 Lite URUAV - stopped working

Post by Bach »

So I’ve finally solved it following the instructions at the link below. The controller was referred to as “bricked” when in it is in this status:
https://www.horusrc.com/en/blog/unbrick ... g-systems/

I had to use method 3 to reinstall the firmware. Here are the steps, and all credit goes to these guys at the link:
  1. Plug in the radio to your computer via USB while it is off (they we also recommend unplugging the battery for this process)
  2. The computer should recognize the device as ‘STM32 Bootloader’. If it does not, you may need to install the STM32 bootloader drivers for the device to be recognized.
  3. Once you can see the device, start program called Zadig.
  4. In Zadig, click ‘Options’ and then ‘List All Devices’.
  5. From the drop down menu select ‘STM32 Bootloader’
  6. Set the target driver to WinUSB.
  7. Select ‘Change Driver’. Once the program finishes you may now close Zadig.
  8. Open the OpenTX Companion application and flash the radio as you would normally, as if the radio was in bootloader mode.
  9. You should see that the Companion dialogue box for the writing progress will open up the debug log by default. This lets you know that Companion is flashing using the DFU method.

After I did all that, the controller was starting again and everything seemed back to normal.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”