Telemetry display problem

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Raythegreat

Telemetry display problem

Post by Raythegreat »

Hi,

I have the Taranis+ and the latest firmware 2.3.14
My glider is using the FrSky G-RX8 receiver with the vario incorporated in the receiver.

My problem is sometimes the Alt+ display sends garbage to the screen. A long string of garbage characters.
Sometimes the Alt+ works fine but most of the time garbage is displayed. I'm sorry I forgot to take a real snapshot of my screen.
You can see the PDF file that shows where the ALT+ is displayed.

I'm almost sure there is a bug in the display function or maybe it is the receiver that sends garbage.
However the Alt display has no garbage. So it must be the display of Alt+ that has a problem or a settings somewhere.
Yes, I did reset the telemetry before starting my flight and the display of ALT+ was ok at reset.

The only thing I can think of if firmware is correct is that I made an update from 2.3.11 to 2.3.14 and did not clear the sensors and do a discover sensors after the update. Could that be the problem?

Please advise.

RTG

Raythegreat

Re: Telemetry display problem

Post by Raythegreat »

I forgot the PDF file, here it is.
RTG
screenshot_pdf.pdf
(93.95 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

What firmware are you running on the module/receiver? Did you update that recently?
Raythegreat

Post by Raythegreat »

Hi Kilrah,

I'm running the 2.3.14 firmware and the latest firmware of the G-RX8 receiver from the FrSky site and also the latest XJT as well.
Attached are the firmware of the receiver and XJT modules.

Yes I did update both the XJT and G-RX8 modules in order to be able to make G-RX8.
I renamed the extensions to .txt be able to attach. The real extensions are .frk

RTG
Attachments
G-RX8_ACCST_2.1.2_FCC.txt
(142 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
XJT_ACCST_2.1.0_FCC.txt
(64 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

There have been multiple reports of occasionally corrupted telemetry values going through with ACCST2 firmwares when all was fine with ACCST1, believe it's on FrSky side.

Raythegreat

Post by Raythegreat »

Thank you again Kilrah,

That would explain my problem then.
Not reassuring.

Something we can do besides going back to ACCST1?
The G-RX8 receiver won't work with ACCST1.

RTG
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Why not? The G-RX8 came out long before ACCST2, there should be no issue using it on V1.
Raythegreat

Post by Raythegreat »

Hi Kilrah,

Well, I'm not sure about the XJT firmware version I had before.
The G-RX8 did not work with my previous XJT firmware.
You are most probably right about the G-RX8 and ACCST1 but in general I don't like to go backward in firmware.
I wrote FrSky (North America service) about this telemetry corruption problem. If I'm lucky I may receive an answer soon (or never).

Thanks,
RTG
Raythegreat

Post by Raythegreat »

Hi all,

I have some updated info about this issue.
Today I was able to take a snapshot of the garbage characters I received in my display telemetry screen of my Taranis +.
Please see the attached picture. I also had something similar for Alt+ recently (reason of this thread)

You will see that the RSSI- has garbage characters displayed, but all telemetry values are good (not corrupted).

To be sure I did not receive any corrupted telemetry, I did the SD card storage at 0.5 second.
I checked all the telemetry data in the excel file and none were corrupted. All telemetry values were perfect.
Nevertheless the garbage characters on the display seems to me as a firmware display problem more than telemetry corruption.
It seems that the XXXX - (min values) and XXXX + (max values) values are mostly affected.

RTG
IMG_20210920_160027.jpg
(1.37 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Raythegreat

Post by Raythegreat »

Hi OpenTx developers,

Is there any development or news about this telemetry display problem?
It appears to me (not sure) as a firmware display problem showing garbage characters. Please refer to the picture in this thread.

RTG

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”