FRSKY FIRMWARE UPDATE NOT FINDING DEVICE WITH FTDI CABLE

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Interfectoro

FRSKY FIRMWARE UPDATE NOT FINDING DEVICE WITH FTDI CABLE

Post by Interfectoro »

Hello all, recently I was able to update the firmware on my XSR-SIM (Smart Port) receiver and XJT (TX/RX) module to the the newer V2 firmware using a DIY SmartPort converter, described in the pdf I attached, and an FTDI Serial to USB converter with its RX and TX output inverted as per other tutorials available online. The diode that I'm using is a 1N4007.

All went well for these two, however, when I tried to update the firmware on my X8R through the SmartPort, the FrSky update program doesn't recognize it, it only shows "finding device". I do all the procedures found around the forum, such as:
  • Not turn the receiver on until "finding device" appears.
  • Connect battery pack to provide a stable 5V to the receiver.
  • Tried with 1.5k resistor.

Now here's the interesting part. I tried to go and downgrade my XJT, so I could still use it with the receiver.
Now not even the XJT is getting recognized by the program. I don't recall doing anything different than on the first time.

Essentially the program is not recognizing any of the peripherals anymore. Has anyone had any issue such as this?

I'm wondering if I should buy the STK adapter, just in case it's an issue with the FTDI.

Thanks for the help.
Attachments
9721172_DE_FrSky_Smart_Port_-_How_to_Upgrade.pdf
(210.03 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

Return to “Hardware”