Taranis hardware problem, telemetry loss/ NO DATA but still link.

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
JLTGTI

Taranis hardware problem, telemetry loss/ NO DATA but still link.

Post by JLTGTI »

Taranis X9D plus here..

This began a couple days ago.. i was gonna fly like allways and noticed there was no data from telemetry.. not RSSI, no voltage.. nothing.. i could switch off the radio without the warning about model still on .. then switched it off and on again and it came back..

tought it was some casual glitch..

then it did again ...and the again and today it wasnt recovering telemetry at all .. tought it was the receiver as i was using a glider in wich i just had installed a vario and that the receiver (D8RII D8 mode) might be bad.. but no.. tried 4 more D8 receivers all same problem.. no telemetry.. Telemetry screen shows NO DATA

Then came the finding.. i tapped the Taranis with my hand in the back.. you know the classic tap you do to any electronic stuff thats not working properly as much illogical it is.. and ... telemetry came back ..

tried again telemetry loss again.. tapped repeteadly .. came back.. then it went away again and was not going back..
so i opened the rear module cover.. tapped directly the pins of the module and telemetry came back again

So the question is.. what hardware related in that module can cause not receive telemetry but still work normallly as far as control is concerned.. and what mechanical fault can do that tapping the module pins does recover the telemetry. :|

Return to “Hardware”