Turnigy 9X Sticks not functioning, receiver bound.

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Bab

Turnigy 9X Sticks not functioning, receiver bound.

Post by Bab »

Hello,

I've finished flashing my Turnigy 9X with ER9X and eepe. I wanted to start setting up the software for the model but the sticks won't move the servos.

I know that the receiver and transmitter are bound, to know this, I manually offset on of the servos by pushing the rod. Then I connect the receiver to the battery. Receiver shows flashing light. I then turn on the transmitter while purposely pushing the throttle up in order to get the throttle warning.

Once both the receiver and transmitter are on, I lower the throttle. When the alarm message comes off because the throttle is down, the servos on the plane center, and the receiver light stops blinking, showing a solid red.

That should mean that the receiver is properly bound to the transmitter, but moving the sticks does not do anything on the plane. I also know that stick movement is being acknowledged because I can see them move on the screen.
The only other mod I have done is switching the momentary switch from the right hand side to the left hand side, but the controller was working fine with the stock firmware.
This is my turnigy 9X. Receiver is the one received with it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Bab

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Turnigy 9X Sticks not functioning, receiver bound.

Post by MikeB »

That Tx module is sensitive to the polarity of the CPPM signal. Try going to the protocol menu and changing the polarity (POS to NEG or NEG to POS).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Bab

Re: Turnigy 9X Sticks not functioning, receiver bound.

Post by Bab »

MikeB wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:18 pm That Tx module is sensitive to the polarity of the CPPM signal. Try going to the protocol menu and changing the polarity (POS to NEG or NEG to POS).

Mike
So I did what you said, strangely enough, changing the polarity once didn't do anything, so I thought I try out other protocols to see if something would work, to no avail, but when I came back to the original one, then it started working, I actually left the polarity on POS, like it was, and now it's working perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your help! I'm really happy to finally have a working ER9X controller.

Return to “Hardware”