Taranis X9D plus 2019 SE does not bind

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Gandalf75

Taranis X9D plus 2019 SE does not bind

Post by Gandalf75 »

I have pruchased a brand new Taranis X9D plus 2019 SE.
I update the firmware to
Dear All, I am desperate and I hope you can help me out.

I have purchased a Taranis X9D plus 2019 SE LBT. I have updated Taranis OTS firmware to 2.3.10 and ISRM to 2.1.0 as well.
I am still unable to bind the RX X8R Pro (LBT and firmware updated to version 2.1.0).

I have purchased two RX X8R Pro and both I am unable to bind.

Can anyone help me to fix this?

In case you need, I have attached a compressed file with the 3 firmwares that I have on the SD card and flashed on the TX and RX.

thanks a lot for your kind assitance.
Attachments
FIRMWARE.zip
(526.01 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

Kilrah

Re: Taranis X9D plus 2019 SE does not bind

Post by Kilrah »

And what settings are you using for the internal module? What is the module version displayed on the version page?
Gandalf75

Post by Gandalf75 »

WOW fast!
I just attached the image of the snapshot from Companion 2.3.10 of the Radio settings and the screenshots of the radio display firmware data.

thanks for help.
Attachments
3.jpg
IMG-2792.jpg
IMG-2791.jpg
Internal settings.JPG
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You didn't show the module settings, where you bind. Make sure you're on D16.
Gandalf75

Post by Gandalf75 »

yes sorry. please find attached the relevant screenshot.
Attachments
4.jpg

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That looks correct.

You mention "two RX X8R Pro"
There are 3 similarly named receivers:
X8R
RX8R
RX8R Pro

Please clarify which ones you have (photo?) as they use different firmware.
Gandalf75

Post by Gandalf75 »

Hi thanks for you fast feedback.
I am attaching a picture of it.
Attachments
13EF3BA3-A593-4EB5-8144-C6857BF506CE.jpeg
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That is an X8R. No R and no Pro. So use the firmware for that.
Gandalf75

Post by Gandalf75 »

Kilrah! it worked!!!! thanks so much I was indeed confused with the RX name description!
Thanks so much
DexterIsMyHero

Post by DexterIsMyHero »

Hello, new noob-ish user here. My hexcopter build is on hold because I could not get my new Taranis X9D Plus SE 2019 RC Controller to bind to my new FrSky RX8R Pro and R-XSR receivers.

I have a good grounding in electronics, radio theory, telemetry and remote/automatic control. I am trained to RTFM (Read the Freaking Manual) but I found the scarcity of documentation from FrSky caused me to flail and fumble and (likely) brick both receivers.

The FrSky manuals for the receivers are TINY and really only a Quick Start Guide in my opinion. I watched videos until my eyes bled. Everyone seems to "know the trick" but conveying ALL the pertinent information effectively is a skillset in itself. Sadly, I could not get any instructions to work for ME.

I finally found this REALLY GOOD video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx0IORe ... e=emb_logo
This guy not only knows his stuff but knows how to convey the information. NOW I am fairly certain I have the X9D+2019 set up correctly.

OpenTX : opentx-x9d+2019 version 2.3.11.otx

Internal RF firmware: ISRM-S-X9 version 1.1.0/2.1.6 FCC

(not the latest, but he recommends avoiding 2.2.x because it apparently locks the radio to only talk to FrSky receivers (i.e. lockout the competition)

The Internal RF firmware on the X9D Plus SE 2019 MUST be the same version as the receiver's (onboard radio) firmware

I was not ABLE to verify the firmwares installed in my new receivers, again due to lack of clear and complete documentation.
No thanks to FrSky, I stumbled upon OpenTX Companion software which is a godsend in managing my RC Controller.

OpenTX Companion can "read" (copy) installed firmwares but saves it as a generic filename , no information about what's in it.
It could have been that the receivers had EU LBT firmware and not International/ FCC firmware.

I'm pretty sure the R-XSR is toast ( I used to see blinky lights but not now ) I did get it to bind briefly but with error (zero channels found, needs 5), and the RX8R Pro would not bind at all.

Now sadder but wiser, I have ordered two new receivers, and sent the originals back to the vendor for Tech Support.

Question: Can anyone tell me what ISRM and IXJT stand for? I tried searching online for the info but ISRM is an acronym that several unrelated organizations use too. I found nothing about radio topics.
DexterIsMyHero

Post by DexterIsMyHero »

Lessons Learned.
Head Bloody-Mary-ed but not Bowed.

As it turns out, when you buy FrSky products in the USA, realize they probably have "foreign" firmware.
There's no way to verify what firmware is installed, so you'll be REQUIRED to flash it simply to know for yourself
WHICH firmware is installed.

YOU will have to educate yourself on where to find, how to flash the correct FCC firmware on both
your RC controller and your onboard Receivers.

YOU will have to learn about all the functions available in your Controller, and make guesses
about ACCST D16 and ACCESS settings and hookup.

YOU will have to find out how to get a full 16 channels when you finally flash it and bind it.
Something about jumpers. No details available. Still searching.

You'll find dozens of HowTo videos on YouTube, but you may be in the same boat as this noob:

The Taranis X9D SE 2019 is too new, and it has no proper manual of its own.
You will have to find a video where someone is working with YOUR RC controller (exact model)
and YOUR Receiver (exact model), BOTH with the correct firmware flashed, to have any hope of making it work.

You'll find yourself on an endless trek to find enough pertinent information to puzzle it all out.

Without my decades of training and work experience with electronics, telemetry, radio theory,
remote/automatic control, I wouldn't have gotten this far!

Or had such a huge bruise on my forehead...from banging it on the wall.
It's been really unpleasant flailing, thanks FrSky for your horribly foreshortened "instructions".

Return to “Hardware”