Turnigy 9x V2 and receiver Flysky FS-R9B issue

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
juanilogo

Turnigy 9x V2 and receiver Flysky FS-R9B issue

Post by juanilogo »

Hello all,
I have a Turnigy 9x V2 Firmware V2, with Stock RF9X V2 Module I bought on 2009-2010. I broke the Motherboard because inverted the polarity and bought and mount a new one. The components inside are all as FS-TH9 marked. Unfortunately I dont remember if I tested the Transmitter after mounting the motherboard.

So on the Other Hand I have two new FLY SKY receiver, the Model FS-R9B.

I am Connecting two micro servos and a Speed controller with UBEC to the receiver and binding ok.

After doing the binding procedure correctly I can not operate the servos or Speed controller. They just does not move. (Sometimes a Servo vibrates or the motor does a extremely light sound like the tick-tack of an analog watch)

I have test to connect the servos and receiver in all the channel and bind again, check out all options in Transmitter are OK, I tested with both receivers with same results.

Could you please me to come Forward? What schould I Test or do?

Best Regards
Juanilogo

stotty1111

Re: Turnigy 9x V2 and receiver Flysky FS-R9B issue

Post by stotty1111 »

Hi there
When did you replace them/board? if recently, it may have modern programming which will not 'talk' to receivers using an old transmitter module -- I have had problems with a new transmitter being reprogrammed with ER9X binding with receivers both old and new, but not actually controlling them.
I hope the above helps!, its difficult to put into words though.
juanilogo

Post by juanilogo »

Tanks a lot stotty1111.

I replaced for 3 Years i think, and the receiver is completely new.

I have access to an oscilloscope, can be that useful for diagnostic? How could I test what happend?

Best regards
Juanilogo
stotty1111

Post by stotty1111 »

oscillascope, don't know, maybe someone else with more knowledge will join the conversation.
With regard to the operationof the 9x's, a modern transmitter will not work with an old V2 receiver, only with a AFHDS 2A receiver and an old transmitter will not work with a modern 2a type receiver, this has been covered several times on here.
If you have access to a modern receiver give it a try with your transmitter, iah ignore the above, I think its a function of the transmitter module to use your system you need a new module and receiver
If you are interested, maybe we could swap motherboards, I sure I have a V2 unit somewhere!

Return to “Hardware”