Replacing X8R with RX4R receiver causes issue

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Scarfie

Replacing X8R with RX4R receiver causes issue

Post by Scarfie »

Hello. I'm new to the forum. I'm looking for some insight to a problem I've encountered. I am using an TaranisQ X7 with an X8R receiver to control pan and tilt on a gimbal. I want to replace the X8R with an RX4R for a few reasons - mostly because I only need 2 channels. I've flashed matching firmware to each receiver and to the transmitter - they all match and I can bind both receivers.

I bound the X8R to model 1 in the X7 and bound the RX4R to model 2 so I can switch between them easily.

The X8R performs flawlessly. When I switch it out with the RX4R and as soon as it is bound with the transmitter, the gimbal starts moving arbitrarily on both axis.

Here's a link to video I posted demonstrating the issue. You can see the gimbal freak out when the RX4R is bound.

It seems like the PWM signal must be different from both receivers - I'm at a loss for what to do next to try to tune it. Any ideas? Thanks.

Kilrah

Re: Replacing X8R with RX4R receiver causes issue

Post by Kilrah »

You've got the RX4R in fast PWM mode that the controller doesn't seem to support, see manual to configure it to normal speed.
Scarfie

Re: Replacing X8R with RX4R receiver causes issue

Post by Scarfie »

According to the manual it defaults to FS mode (sollid green led only). Signal pins on channels 1 and 2 need to be jumpered when binding to set it to HS mode (solid green and blue leds). I tried every which way to bind in HS mode but it won't do it. It only starts up with solid green led only - FS mode. Isn't FS mode the slower 18 ms mode and HS the faster 9 ms mode?

Return to “Hardware”