Taranis X9-Lite Will Not Switch On

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
CoilMonkey

Taranis X9-Lite Will Not Switch On

Post by CoilMonkey »

Hello all!

I am having problems with my X9-Lite. I tried to update the firmware to the latest. I think I may have flashed something to the wrong place and now my radio will not turn on. The speaker makes a click when I try to power it up. There is no activity on the screen and the backlight does not even flash. When pressed the power button lights up dimly in a purple(ish) colour while pressed, but then goes off as soon as power button is released. When trying to load the bootloader by using the horizontal trims while powering on, the same thing happens : dim power light, speaker click, no activity on the screen at all, no backlight flash.

Zadig recognises the radio while plugged in and powered off as STM32 BOOTLOADER.

I think I may have flashed the firmware into the bootloader or EEPROM instead of where ever it should have gone.

Is there any way of getting the orginal Bootloader software back in right place?

-Windows 10 PC
-openTX companion 2.3.7

Thanks

CoilMonkey

Kilrah

Re: Taranis X9-Lite Will Not Switch On

Post by Kilrah »

You apparently flashed power off, so just do the same thing but this time with the right firmware (you probably used one for the wrong radio).

FrSky's naming is confusing and it wouldn't be the first time someone mixes up Xlite and X9lite.
CoilMonkey

Post by CoilMonkey »

Thanks for the reply Kilrah

its deffo the right model of radio in the companion setting. I have flashed it again with the correct firmware and its still the same. When the firmware write through companion finishes it tells me that the firmware is not compatible with the one installed.
CoilMonkey

Post by CoilMonkey »

Kilrah wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:36 pm You apparently flashed power off, so just do the same thing but this time with the right firmware (you probably used one for the wrong radio).

FrSky's naming is confusing and it wouldn't be the first time someone mixes up Xlite and X9lite.
Sincere Apologies Kilrah. I had somehow switched radio profiles and as you stated it was set to the wrong model of radio. It was set to X9D+

I had to uncheck the box for "Check Hardware Compatability" to get companion to force the right firmware on to the radio.

Many Thanks for your help Kilrah

Return to “Hardware”