9X won't bind with FlySky Module or FrSky Module?

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
NETio

9X won't bind with FlySky Module or FrSky Module?

Post by NETio »

I'm afraid I may have fried my Eurgle 9x before even getting the opportunity to use it. At some point during tweaking settings and reflashing, the FlySky module ceased to function. The transmitter would not bind with the reciever, or perhaps some other error is occurring, but it won't work. I did notice that I could get it to "bind" but the red receiver light would only come on for a few seconds during the transmitter's boot time. I also tried Open9x with similar results.

At that point I believed I had fried my receiver, so I opted to upgrade to a FrSky system. So I ordered a FrSky DJT/V8FR-II combo (http://www.goodluckbuy.com/frsky-2-4g-t ... o-set.html) and patiently waited 3 weeks to receive it. I finally got it today along with the final piece for my quadcopter build, the frame, and I can't get the FrSky to work either.

I tried the bind procedure multiple times, and while I got it to bind, it wouldn't lock the signal. It's like it'll get signal for a second, then nothing for a few more. It's very intermittent, or maybe I'm just misreading the lights. The red light flashes on the receiver but the red light will go off and the green led will flash barely long enough to tell it's lighting up, then it's back to the flashing red light.

The 9x does seem to be functional as a trainer remote when set to PPMSIM - ON. I'm not certain what's wrong and what I can do to fix it.

I really, really just want to fly my quadcopter. I've been waiting on parts since June 3rd last month, and I finally have a fully assembled quad and no transmitter/receiver. Is there any way to fix my 9x? Is it just a setting I messed up perhaps?

What should things like bandgap, ppm shift, etc. be set to for the frsky module?
Last edited by NETio on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crashj007

Re: 9X won't bind with FlySky Module or FrSky Module?

Post by Crashj007 »

You will get more informed technical responses soon, but in the past new users have had this experience simply because they ran the TX and/or RX batteries too low while tweaking and fiddling. Be sure you are well charged.
--
FS-TH9X 2.4GHz 9CH from Nitroplanes
Smartieparts board & backlight
Stock Flysky RF and mainboard
er9x FW V 744
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Does sound rather like the rx battery is low!
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
NETio

Post by NETio »

I am both extremely happy and also feeling extremely stupid. I realized that I had to cut part of the module bay out for the frsky module to seat all the way. It had intermittent connections with the pins. I do think my original diagnosis of the FlySky reciever is correct, though, as it was made to fit in the module bay.

I'm just glad I don't have to sink another $100 into this project and wait two more weeks.

Return to “Hardware”