bad flash no power

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
chossy

bad flash no power

Post by chossy »

Hi
I attempted to flash my 9x at the weekend with my sp12 programmer and kept getting avrdude did not complete errors.
Aftere about 5 attempts i got the Device signature = 0x000000 error so i tried again and it flashed with the avrdude did not complete error again.
So i orderd this USBasp programmer http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180718312291
Now when i attempt to program i get avrdude initialization failed rc=-1 and the TX does not power its self on when i connect the programmer.
I have 4.77v on vcc and rst
3.3v out on both regulators with programmer removed and battery plugged in.
I have continuity between the programmer and the pins on the IC
any ideas what to look for now

regards

chossy

gohsthb

Re: bad flash no power

Post by gohsthb »

Are you measuring vcc on the 9x main board itself? If the flash went bad the program wouldn't work to make anything show on the screen, and there would be no sounds.
Double check that all of your connections are correct and good. Then try reading from the m64. Don't attempt a write operation until you can get this to work. Your fuse bytes might have got changed with all of the bad flashing, check the wiki for direction to fix that. And you can always put '-B 100' in the avrdude command line. What that does is tell the programmer to run slower giving the m64 more time to respond. Sometimes that is enough to get things working.
-Gohst
chossy

Post by chossy »

I double checked all voltages and connections and have 12v/5v/3.3 where they shoud be on the main board and continuity between the programer and pins (not pads) on the chip and all is ok.
So i have not damaged the pcb and everything is looking like a fuse brick.
Thanks for the help, time to get a 1mhz oscillator and sort this out.

Regards

Chossy
Crashj007

Post by Crashj007 »

Maybe the display contrast went to zero and nothing shows? Someone had that problem before.
--
FS-TH9X 2.4GHz 9CH from Nitroplanes
Smartieparts board & backlight
Stock Flysky RF and mainboard
er9x FW V 744

Return to “Hardware”