T9x with er9x YAW drift

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
skelator

T9x with er9x YAW drift

Post by skelator »

hello,

I having issues with my yaw drift not actually a drift more to sudden input to yaw when throttle is applied which caused my quad to turn right like drifted

here a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toue3u5YqMo

do i have faulty pots? if yes what the direct replacement for it? what the value?

thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Build.screw.up.build.again.fly.crash.repeat

Kilrah

Re: T9x with er9x YAW drift

Post by Kilrah »

Hmm, I don't see a drift? Rudder is moving about 2% from what I can see, which is pretty much normal, when you move the throttle you move the rudder channel a tiny bit too, and it's simply sensitive enough to change a couple of %.
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

Agreed. It looks pretty normal to me
skelator

Post by skelator »

but it constant input with quad it will always have rudder input mean quad will always yaw to right, tested with my heli the tail wil always want to yaw by it self it wont stay still i always need to correct my quad/heli which is annoying sometime,

this dont happen on my esky tx or my original wltoys v911 tx, when tx9x is used almost like the thing want to oscilate i can't achive stable flight even with gyro and gps head lock!

skelator

Post by skelator »

here a video of my quad flying indoor, you will notice it will slowly turn to right (I'm flying nose out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDYEj7af3Qw

same result when i fly outside, I swapped my TX with my friend futaba 8FG we can't re-produce the problem happen with my TX9x

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Maybe try open9x if this is er9x? If it still does this maybe try another th9x if someone lives close to you or you have a spare as many of us do?
The question I think to answer is weather it's the radio, or firmware or TX/RX combo your using. I have no answers but maybe if you list the firmware and revision you're using as well as the TX module and version RX as well as any mods you've done it will help narrow this down more. I may be wrong but so far not a lot of info to go by except the drift?
SM
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

skelator wrote:here a video of my quad flying indoor, you will notice it will slowly turn to right (I'm flying nose out)
Uhm, just trim?

Neutral value varies between manufacturers, so you'll ahve to trim to find the exact "no movement" point.. (and even then, il will move over time due to gyro drivt on the quad's controller board)

What mods have you done? Any EL backlight installed?
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

add some curves to flatten out the mid points... expo too. it helps
skelator

Post by skelator »

I'm using er9x my mods only those back light from hobbyking, my spare still on slow boat from china should be arriving anytime soon, i haven't try any other fw just yet

so far i have tested with mt FrSky DJT and the original modules and fkysky modules results are the same

i have try to trim it out but it either over trim and slowly drift cant get perfect headlock even with compass enable, which the problem does not replicate with my friend futaba, that why im scratching my head trying to figure out what wrong with it, cant do more test until i get new spare

thanks

Crucial

Post by Crucial »

What is your trim increment set to? Can you try to change it to fine or extra fine? Maybe the incremental change is too great and it is overshooting each time you try.
skelator

Post by skelator »

Crucial wrote:What is your trim increment set to? Can you try to change it to fine or extra fine? Maybe the incremental change is too great and it is overshooting each time you try.
ah will try that, i have expo at 30% but that wont do much as it only for middle stick for rudder but will test the trim adjustment again later tonight

btw if it need to be replaced can i use the gimbal/pot from esky remote?
IMG_7965 (Small).JPG
thanks!
skelator

Post by skelator »

alright I followed some of the recommendation, my TX was set to medium trim at first after a I saw it overshoot the trim I landed the quad and change it to ExFine, much better but still either overshoot or less trim, I have to live with that until my new backup TX arrive for now opening it up for Telemetry mods

Thanks!
Crashj007

Post by Crashj007 »

skelator wrote:<>btw if it need to be replaced can i use the gimbal/pot from esky remote?
Good idea, but the trims look mechanical, not switches, right?
--
FS-TH9X 2.4GHz 9CH from Nitroplanes
Smartieparts board & backlight
Stock Flysky RF and mainboard
er9x FW V 744
skelator

Post by skelator »

ahh just noticed that then i guess using that wont happen then
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I've tested with my new radio after reading the posts here. Gently pushed the throttle forward and I get no movement on the rudder servo at all.. of course if I operate the throttle in the normal way the rudder will move because of me not the radio.. That means the pots are doing their job.. 8-)
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
skelator

Post by skelator »

jhsa wrote:I've tested with my new radio after reading the posts here. Gently pushed the throttle forward and I get no movement on the rudder servo at all.. of course if I operate the throttle in the normal way the rudder will move because of me not the radio.. That means the pots are doing their job.. 8-)
my gentle push always give rudder input, just got my new radio! from hobbyking not bad for ems 4 days :)

skelator

Post by skelator »

new radio work perfect even with stock firmware so Definitely something wrong with the old tx, my first suspect is the pot, gonna try to replace the pot but what the value of the pot? and i dont have any idea how to remove the pot from tje gimbal

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Till today no one could find replacement pots.. they are 90º pots, that means they have the 5K 45º to each side of the pot..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
skelator

Post by skelator »

jhsa wrote:Till today no one could find replacement pots.. they are 90º pots, that means they have the 5K 45º to each side of the pot..
ugh that not good to hear, guess i will have a semi unused tx maybe i can sell it for part still i need a backup tx, but i saw on ersky9x web listed a pot replacement

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yeah, but I think the ersky board have more options.. I don't think that pot is a replacement for the original board.. I wish that I'm wrong..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The ersky9x board has a 12-bit A2D instead of the 10-bit A2d of the stock board. This means it is able to handle a standard pot, instead of the special 90 deg. pots in the stock unit.
To do so does need a small change to the ersky9x firmware.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
skelator

Post by skelator »

ah no luck then should just keep the old unit for part if no option to fix the pot

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Rob, once you said that you wanted to speak with someone at R2Hobbies I think because of the pots. No luck there?

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

T9x with er9x YAW drift

Post by Rob Thomson »

Nah... Bathe request got lost in translation! Ended up giving up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Rob Thomson wrote: Bathe request got lost in translation!
Looks like it got lost again in autocorrect ;)
Corruptsector

Post by Corruptsector »

I get a simular thing but am using a trex500.
Because im using a gyro i cant use any trim.
I have attached a video of the issuse. Its not the pot cause i can change tail to another stick and it does exactly the same thing.
Makes it impossible to fly the helicopter.
It did it on original FW to i changed to er9x to see if it changed anything but its exactly the same.
Only other mod is a HK backlight. I have ordered a frsky telemetry unit to see if its the RF causing an issue, but i doubt it.
No whats next? I have changed gyro and sevo. They are fine.
is it ersky9x time?

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pACgmPCTIM[/BBvideo]
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Is your gyro in heading-lock mode? If yes it's perfectly normal. Let's say everything is balanced. As soon as you give a bit of stick (or trim) you're basically asking the gyro to move ITSELF to a certain different orientation. So it will give some servo input, but as the gyro is on a table that won't move it, so it will give more servo input to try and manage it - which it will never do on a table, so the servo will quickly go to its end point.
That only works in flight.
Corruptsector

T9x with er9x YAW drift

Post by Corruptsector »

Yes it is in head hold. When in flight my tail needs continuous adjustment cause the servo keeps moving even when flying. The problem is often fine for a couple of mins then I have to land fighting the tail until I can reset everything. Can you think of any tests I can do to prove one way or another?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Is your gyro gain remote-controlled?
Corruptsector

T9x with er9x YAW drift

Post by Corruptsector »

Yes it is. But I have made a new discovery.
First I was not testing it incorrectly. I was testing on a bench not while flying so was sort of chasing a red herring.
I fly for say 1 min then tail starts drifting. I put heli down and tail servo is wandering like crazy. Then I reset my heli (gyro reciever etc) and it flies fine from then on.
Now I wonder if the temp change on the gyro was messing with things. From warm inside to cold outside.
I mentioned this to the guys at the club and they thought I should throw it away. I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Return to “Hardware”