Horus x10s permanantly thinks its plugged in to USB

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
palrv

Horus x10s permanantly thinks its plugged in to USB

Post by palrv »

After charging my TX today the next time I switched it on it thinks it connected to usb and asks to select a mode. USB symbol is always showing on the screen when not connected. The usb appears to work fine I can connect to companion, see the disks if I select usb storage mode.
If I switch off and plug in I can see the boot loader and can flash firmware in that mode with Companion.
If I power off and back on and select joystick mode the radio appears to work as a radio (USB symbol still shows)
I cannot flash firmware from SD or enter boot loader mode by powering up with trims to center as I get a usb connected message. The only way to power off in this mode is to unplug the battery.
When I power on I always get asked what mode to select.
If I select usb storage mode when I switch off I get 4 horizontal dots instead of the usual circular dots display.
If I try to flash firmware in storage mode I get an error cannot write F://FIRMWARE.BIN

I have tried power cycling with no battery
Powering up with no sd
Removing nvram battery and leaving for a while
Upgrading to 2.3.15 with radio off and companion - I was on opentx-x10express-2.3.14

TX is only a few months old only used to set up some planes. Have searched but not yet found any one else with the same issue.

IIs it a problem with the boot loader or hardware? what should I do next? The radio appears to be usable but its not working as it should / was when I first got it.
Appreciate any more suggestions - thanks in advance.

Kilrah

Re: Horus x10s permanantly thinks its plugged in to USB

Post by Kilrah »

Likely hardware, the USB connection is detected by the 5V from the computer being present on the relevant pin. Might be a short / screwed up connection inside.
palrv

Re: Horus x10s permanantly thinks its plugged in to USB

Post by palrv »

OK thanks for your input, I'll take a closer look at that. Once I've figured it out I'll post back.

Return to “Hardware”