Taranis XD9+ bricked ... sort of???

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
jacksonmarkow

Taranis XD9+ bricked ... sort of???

Post by jacksonmarkow »

Hi everyone,

Trying to get a FrSky Taranis XD9+ (non-2019) to work after a long time of not using it. The battery is fully charged, and I even changed the internal button cell battery, but every time I press the power button, I receive the OpenTX screen, without a backlight, and this remains frozen on the screen (no splash screen, no power on). I also hear the small characteristic pop of the transmitter powering on, which is normal. Then, when I release the power button, the transmitter instantly dies. Here is a link to a video on Google Drive so you can see what I mean.

The transmitter is flashed with the most recent firmware compatible with it (2.3.14-otx (1e09791a), released 7/23/21), and the flashing seems to work successfully, which I've tried multiple times. I haven't been able to find anyone else in my internet searching who's had the same symptoms, though. Anyone hear have any ideas what this might be? Software? Hardware? Toasted Tx??

Any ideas or help much appreciated.

Kilrah

Re: Taranis XD9+ bricked ... sort of???

Post by Kilrah »

jacksonmarkow wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:13 pm Trying to get a FrSky Taranis XD9+ (non-2019) to work
That IS a 2019 version. If you flashed firmware for non-2019 it won't work.
jacksonmarkow

Re: Taranis XD9+ bricked ... sort of???

Post by jacksonmarkow »

Thanks Kilrah! Fixed it! So silly, should have tried that first, but I assumed only the ones that say "TARANIS X9D PLUS 2019" were the 2019 ones.

Return to “Hardware”