Issues with the latest multimodule software.

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Rad

Issues with the latest multimodule software.

Post by Rad »

Hi guys, I am having an issue with it. I asked it in RC groups, Ill copy paste the info here:

"Hi guys, I have an issue.
Radio is a 9x with a 9xtreme.
Radio software:
erskyTxR223A9.zip
20-Jan-2021 21:57

I updated the external multi module (Irange4x) with the 1.3.2.6 version
And the internal module (banggood) with the same version.

Radio works and module too, but I am experimenting glitches when selecting the "type" under the protocol. When I move left or right either jumps two in a twice or does not more. is not working as good as it used to be. What can I do? Also it keeps changing to "Std"

Thanks! "

Got a reply from Hnuts
"Have you upgraded all (radio and modules) at the same time?
I don't see any change lately to Multi which could have such effect...
What version were on the modules before? Have you tried to downgrade?
What about if you remove the module and try without it?
Lastly, have you posted on OpenRCforums so that Mike can take a look?
Pascal "

And I replied to him:
"Hi,
Yes, I updated the three things right now.
The modules were 1.2.1.25. Reverting to that fixes the issue.
I just removed the external module and the issue is not there without it plugged.
Nope, I have not posted in OpenRCforums, but great idea, will do! "

So I hope Mike can throw us some light :)
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Issues with the latest multimodule software.

Post by MikeB »

At some point the multi firmware changed so it sends the selected protocol and sub-protocol names to the radio. erskyTx also has these names built in, and also in the file "Multi.txt" on the SD card. The names from Multi.txt override any built in names.
When you change the protocol or sub-protocol, erskyTx updates the display from the names it has. It then looks for "actual" names sent from the module. Currently, there seems to be a time lag before erskyTx sees this name. When it does see the name(s), it updates the display. So, when you change the protocol or sub-protocol, the name displayed may change twice, if the name from the module is different from the name erskyTx "knows".
I may have a timing problem where I miss a changed name the first time it is sent from the module causing a significant delay before I see the next transmission from the module. This may be due to trying to make sure I display a new name when you change a setting and not accepting the name that was last received from the module before you changed the setting.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Rad

Post by Rad »

Oh I see. I thought I screwed something. But I guess all of that means you will fix it at some point, right?

I updated everything because I needed a 16ch receiver and I got a frsky XM, but I did not know there were 15 usable channels and a 16th for rssi. After googling for a while I found if I update the software of the receiver it can use all 16 channels. Is that correct? Also I am having a hard time of finding how to update the receivers with erskytx, but found plenty with taranis. Do you have a link somewhere?

Thanks!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, I found a bug in erskyTx related to handling multi telemetry where the lead byte (e.g. 0x7E for FrSky) is not present while it is present from a real FrSky module. In handling that, I misread the status packet length causing every other status packet to be missed.
I have the fix for that and the protocol text display is now looking OK. I'll see about posting an updated test version later today.

For updating FrSky devices using the SPort see here: https://openrcforums.com/forum/download ... p?id=10387. Do take care with the cable polarity and supply voltage.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Rad

Post by Rad »

Big thanks, Mike. I will update the erskytx as soon as you publish it. I have updated my modules today and I have just seen there is a newer version today, so will update that too, lol.

Interesting that file you linked, thank you! I have been reading a lot about those tiny frsky receivers... So far if I am not mistaken they used to have ACCST firmware, which let you use 15ch ppm plus one RSSI, and a while later there was some ACCESS firmware that lets you use all of the 16 channels which is what I need. But for some reasons I cannot find it seems frsky has retired that newer firmware from their website. Sigh...

Using single antenna XM receiver.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Update posted.
Are you only using the multi-protocol module or are you also using a FrSky Tx module?
If you go to the download page for the XM receiver, at the bottom is:
"History firmware DOWNLOAD (not compatible with v2.x.x)". Click on that and you will get the V1 firmware for the XM Rx. This appears to include a non-RSSI version, but requires the the Tx to still be using the V1 protocol.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Rad

Post by Rad »

MikeB wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:03 pm Update posted.
Are you only using the multi-protocol module or are you also using a FrSky Tx module?
If you go to the download page for the XM receiver, at the bottom is:
"History firmware DOWNLOAD (not compatible with v2.x.x)". Click on that and you will get the V1 firmware for the XM Rx. This appears to include a non-RSSI version, but requires the the Tx to still be using the V1 protocol.

Mike
Hi Mike, thanks for the update, will download it tomorrow morning.

Nope, I don't have frsky modules, only multiprotocol. Do I have to consider something when binding with the acccess software in the XM?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

To use ACCESS software in a Rx you have to have an ACCESS transmitter. The ACCESS protocol has not been reversed so you cannot use a multi-protocol module with an ACCESS Rx.

The firmware to which I linked is ACCST V1, and should work with the multi-protocol module.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Rad

Post by Rad »

Hi Mike, last erskytx and mutimodule version flashed. It works, problem has been fixed, now I can select the subprotocol without any problem.
I still can see what you said about the name in the module and also in erskytx and it updating. For example with Devo protocol, when selecting the subprotocols I can see small diferences, for a second it says 8Ch (with capital C) and then it changes to 8ch (minus c). Small differences like that are in some other protocols. Not an issue for me, of course, definitely it works. Just now I see what happened.

About the ACCESS not being reversed, I had no idea. Thanks for telling me, I wont update the receiver then.

Thanks!

Return to “Software”