How to download old firmware?

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
robster303

How to download old firmware?

Post by robster303 »

I'm really surprised i can't find this info on www or here. Maybe it is somewhere but my searches didn't reveal. Or maybe it was clear on OpenTX site but i didn't see?! How to download older firmware? I have an issue in my Jumper T12 Pro and i want to get an old nightly because i heard the bug maybe fixed and i would like to try it. Also i may want to go back to 2.3.4 which maybe doesn't have the bug. I install the older OTX Companion on my Mac, and and selected nightly channel. But if i click Download and Download Firmware, it does "checking for updates" and it aways gives the latest. No choices - no list. How to get old ones?
e.g. Stable channel i want 2.3.4 but it only gives latest at time of writing 2.3.7.
Nightly channel i want 2.3.8N189 but it gives only 2.3.8N195

Kilrah

Re: How to download old firmware?

Post by Kilrah »

OpenTX servers always give you the latest from the channel. If the bug was fixed in 2.3.4 later versions would also include the fix.
robster303

Post by robster303 »

Thanks. Good to know. Sometimes you find online people do setup tutorials or troubleshooting on a specific release. Then when i come to replicate that i can't because the info might be a year old and i can only get latest release. No way to overcome that is it? Unless i've saved old releases on my own computer.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No. But within a given major release (e.g. 2.3.X) there will not be any major change in features so guides won't change, it's mostly bug fixes (which is why you want the latest) or small quality of life improvements. There might be a new way to do something better, but the old one would still work. Between major versions (e.g. 2.2 and 2.3) there can be big differences, but those are still left available for a reasonable amount of time.

Return to “Software”