Taranis QX7 Switches cannot be selected after firmware update

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
bbutcher6735

Taranis QX7 Switches cannot be selected after firmware update

Post by bbutcher6735 »

I am helping a friend setup a QX7 taranis and am seeing too many strange things I can't seem to fix. 1. SD card error upon bootup saying expected version 2.2 ver6, I have the latest sd card contents file I could find copied to a 32G micro SD. 2. My switches are not being recognized from either the radio or open tx, they are listed in the source section but are greyed out and I can't select them. When I try to assign a switch from the radio they don't show up in the list of switches at all and if I toggle the switch to set the value nothing is recognized. I am not sure if this is a firmware issue or a hardware issue I need help.

Kilrah

Re: Taranis QX7 Switches cannot be selected after firmware update

Post by Kilrah »

1) If it asks for version 6 use SD card contents version 6, not "the latest". OR upgrade to "the latest" firmware that matches the SD contents you loaded...
2) You probably wiped the switch settings, configure them again on the Hardware setup page.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

As it has been always my opinion, the hardware menu should always be protected to avoid that. It is the second time in a couple days that I read that people change the hardware settings by mistake..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

They wouldn't have changed it on the radio, it's literally impossible to manually wipe all switch assignments by mistake, you'd have to do it manually one by one. That happened most likely by mishandling computer<->radio transfers.

It's happened a couple of times while it shouldn't theoretically be possible, but unfortunately people who do these mistakes usually don't really know what they're doing, so it hasn't been possible yet to get a description that allowed reproducing the issue and taking action to prevent it.
brm

Post by brm »

Kilrah wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:54 am 1) If it asks for version 6 use SD card contents version 6, not "the latest". OR upgrade to "the latest" firmware that matches the SD contents you loaded...
2) You probably wiped the switch settings, configure them again on the Hardware setup page.
ahh, i have the same - i did NOTHING.
just added an empty sd card ...

also the date time will not be remembered.

and - the big s*** - i cannot bind anything :?

moth

Post by moth »

Kilrah wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:54 am 2) You probably wiped the switch settings, configure them again on the Hardware setup page.
Please, can someone tell me where to find this hardware setup page?

Have same prob as OP - all switches greyed out; have searched through manuals and tutorials and still can't find this hardware setup page where I can configure them again.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Radio setup menu (MENU long), then PAGE until you reach the HARDWARE page.
moth

Post by moth »

Super, thank you very much, that did the trick.
PITCHYandCRASHY

Post by PITCHYandCRASHY »

So I'm in a similar situation with my QX7. I updated my firmware and now all the functions work except I cannot bind to any receivers. I tried reflashing firmware, with and without SD card (getting SD Card warning expected ver 2.2V0013)l. I tried factory reset and still nothing binds. I'm using OpenTX ver 2.2.1...Is there a chance the transmitter cannot transmit because of a firmware update or could it be a hardware short/burnout on the board?
Sebitalugano

Post by Sebitalugano »

Hi there
Did you get a solution? I have the same problem 6 months ago and I still can't get the link between the qx7 and r-xsr
Even a technician checked it but the module seems to work

Return to “Software”