Radio not found with Companion 2.3.15 on Mac

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Kriz

Radio not found with Companion 2.3.15 on Mac

Post by Kriz »

Hi together!

I am trying to connect my X-Lite PRO FW 2.3.15 with the Companion App 2.3.15 on a Mac mini with Ventura 13.0.1 - to no avail. TX is in bootloader mode, it says USB connected on the TX and I get both drives (EEPROM/Firmware) and the SD card shown in Finder. When trying to read or write from TX within the Companion app, it says "Radio not found"

Same procedure, same USB cable, same Companion software under Windows 10 and everything works fine!

Anyway I also tried about a dozen other USB cables, another USB port on my Mac as well as installing DF-UTIL. All to no avail, still the same.

Anyone having the same issues or, even better, a hint how to fix it? I primarily use the Mac and I'm desperate in using it with the Companion app. I really do not want to fire up the Windows PC everytime I want to use Companion ...

All input is appreciated :)

Kriz

jtaylor

Re: Radio not found with Companion 2.3.15 on Mac

Post by jtaylor »

I'm not a Mac user, but from what I've read Apple made some changes in Ventura that broke some programs. Yours sounds like the same problem that was reported in edgeTX. Here is a link to the issue report:
https://github.com/EdgeTX/edgetx/issues/2742

And another to the fix pull request:
https://github.com/EdgeTX/edgetx/pull/2564

It's a simple one line fix and the same should apply to openTX so if you have the capability to compile openTX you can try it.

Jim
Kriz

Re: Radio not found with Companion 2.3.15 on Mac

Post by Kriz »

Hi Jim, thanks for the info! The fix was already transferred to opentx as a pull request in the last couple hours. The opensource community can be incredibly fast.

I do not have the resources to compile/build myself, so I hope for a quick merge with the current batch. Let’s see when that happens. I‘m ready to grab a nightly build :)

Return to “Software”