OpenTx on 9xr pro

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
tobyn

OpenTx on 9xr pro

Post by tobyn »

hello everyone im very new to the world of open tx and all the things that go along with it. i am having some trouble binding my 9xr pro with the latest version of open tx on it to any receiver. any ideas?

Kilrah

Re: OpenTx on 9xr pro

Post by Kilrah »

Binding is handled by the module, OpenTX plays no role in it. Make sure the module and receiver you're using are compatible.
tobyn

Post by tobyn »

Yeah, both the module and the receiver are the same brand and i tried binding it with er9x and that worked just fine. So i assumed it was opentx b/c that was the only thing that changed.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I don't think the OpenTX team is still developing for that radio anymore. I think there are even some bugs that weren't fixed as you aren't the first person to find some problems. But I could be wrong here.. :)
My suggestion is that you try ErskyTX which is still being developed for that radio as far as I know. Try the latest version. See if it binds then. You might even like it :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
tobyn

Post by tobyn »

Yes, but my main goal is to use the frsky r9m 900mhz system and i heard you could only use opentx for that.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I don't know where you heard that, erskyTx has been supporting that for some time. Just select the "XJT" protocol and a sub-protocol of R9M. YOu also get an option then of enabling "Flex" mode.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
tobyn

Post by tobyn »

could someone help me figure out how to enable the xjt protocol in my turigy 9xr pro running ersky9x
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Go to the Protocol menu, select External, enable it, by ticking the box, then go down to "Proto". You should see "PPM" highlighted. Just press MENU to enable editing (the highlight should start flashing), then press RIGHT to step to "XJT". Press MENU again to exit editing mode.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
tobyn

Post by tobyn »

MikeB wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:13 pm I don't know where you heard that, erskyTx has been supporting that for some time. Just select the "XJT" protocol and a sub-protocol of R9M. YOu also get an option then of enabling "Flex" mode.

Mike
could you walk me through the steps after getting the transmitter into XJT mode?

thanks!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Having selected "XJT" as the protocol, just go down to the "Type" and select "R9M".

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “Software”