"Taranis radio not found"

obbommel

Post by obbommel »

Hi,I have just got my Taranis radio,and installed the drivers using Zadig.The usb listing in device manager shows the "stm bootloader " when connected.
When trying to flash new firmware,using Companion 9x ,I get the following error message in a pop-up window:
"Impossible to identify the radio on your system,please verify the eeprom disk is connected."

I have tried on both my XP desktop,and windows 7 laptop,but neither apparently "sees" the Taranis.There is no mention of the Taranis or any new drive in "my computer".
I'm sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere,but my search could find no reference to this particular problem.
Thanks for any help you could provide.
Hans.

Kilrah

Re: "Taranis radio not found"

Post by Kilrah »

You're using the wrong button in c9x, and trying to flash firmware with the eeprom button.

Sent via mobile
obbommel

Post by obbommel »

You're absolutely right,of course.The frimware flashed succesfully,it's trying to read the eeprom that's not working.
Have I got a usb driver problem?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No, but you likely forgot that to access eeprom the radio must be powered on with all warnings dismissed ;)
obbommel

Post by obbommel »

Thanks,Kilrah,but I didn't forget.The tx was on.I tried the laptop again,and also still have the same problem there.
I can't afford to pull out any more of the hair I've got left :mrgreen:

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Do you get the 2 drives in "My computer"?
If not, do you have the USB connection sound when you plug the radio in?

If not try to change USB cable, and just in case make sure you're not using an USB3 port.
obbommel

Post by obbommel »

I don't have the 2 drives in "my computer",but I do get the "gong"sound when i plug it in.I don't think either of my computers has usb3.I do plug in the cable through a 4-way hub,could that cause a problem?Either way,I'll try a new cable and see how i go.Thanks for spending your time on this,I do appreciate all the help.
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Some USB cables do not work. I have a whole bunch from external HDD's etc.... the first one I used was one that did not work, but I used one at work and it did. So once I began investigating I found it was the cable. So then I tried a lot of those I had and it was about 50-50 as to which ones worked or not!
But they ALL work with USB HDD's. There must be some small difference with some cables.... a pin used, or not, or an extra? (I think they actually have 5 pins in the mini USB connector end).
nikki5

Post by nikki5 »

I got my Taranis today, and i cant get my pc in anyway to detect my taranis...i tested with other pc, other usb.. Radio display a usd connect icon when connected in on mode. I tested with radio on, off, i also tested boot mode ( not working)

Any ideas ? I guess i need a way to update my radio to latest firmware to solve this...but how?

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”