Cant get up to date FW installed on a new Taranis X9D+

billymo47

Cant get up to date FW installed on a new Taranis X9D+

Post by billymo47 »

I got a new Taranis X9D+2019. The FW installed is 2.3.0 dated 2019-09-05. I have inserted a new SD-HC card. On startup , the Tx reports it found the SD card but expects Version 2.0300. I have OpenTx Companion 2.3.11 installed on my Mac, and have dwnloaded teh latest SD card Software ( 2.3.11) and have the FW 2.3.11 for the Tx. Start the Tx up in Bootlader, connect the Mac and try to install the up to date FW. It reports 'unable to read firmware from TX'. I should add I'm a noobie at this. Any one know what I can do/am doing wrong?
Thanks in Advance
Bill

Kilrah

Re: Cant get up to date FW installed on a new Taranis X9D+

Post by Kilrah »

Put the firmware file in the firmware directory on the sd then flash it from bootloader.
billymo47

Re: Cant get up to date FW installed on a new Taranis X9D+

Post by billymo47 »

Kilrah wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:53 pm Put the firmware file in the firmware directory on the sd then flash it from bootloader.
I did that and now have the latest software version in my Tx. But Open Tx Companion seems to not see the TX, nor does my File Finder. The Tx button goes green when I connect the cable, so I guess it must be the dfu-util causing the problem. Tomorrow I will try uninstalling Companion and re-installing it again

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”