2.3.5 Update gives bind but no control

locktumbler

2.3.5 Update gives bind but no control

Post by locktumbler »

HELP PLEASE.
Taranis X9D(NOT 'plus' but after the very early first model and pre LBT) manufactured 14/02/2014. Has had very light use and was working fine on 2.0.13. Purchased multi protocol module so had to up date OpenTx. Updated to 2.3.5(installed firmware for X9D NOT X9D+, EU box not checked as this is an early pre LBT) and everything seemed OK. BUT, Rx will bind but there is no control from sticks, servos seem to be receiving a permanent neutral signal. Have tried D8 Rx in D8 mode and X8R in D16 mode, telemetry give proper indications. Turn off Tx and lights on Rx indicate correct loss of signal. Rx and servo set up's works OK when bound to my new Jumper T16 Hall Pro on same OpenTx 2.3.5 and using internal MPM (1.3.0.53 FrSky international non LBT) for correct protocol for different Rx(D8 and D16). Thus, Rx and servo set up's are confirmed as OK. It appears that the X9D sticks are not varying the control channel pulse widths and there is a constant neutral position pulse width being generated by the latest firmware causing ALL servos to be powered and to hold neutral..
Is there a compatibility issue with 2.3.5 and early X9D Tx?
If so what is the most recent OpenTx I can use? (tried to save original 2.0.13 but it refused to let me?)
What is the oldest OpenTx that will operate the MPM or does it require the latest 2.3.5
Any and all help gratefully received.
Thanks in anticipation.

Kilrah

Re: 2.3.5 Update gives bind but no control

Post by Kilrah »

How have you managed upgrading of your model data?
Have you tried creating a new model to check if servos move there?
Does the channel monitor show proper response to the sticks?
locktumbler

Re: 2.3.5 Update gives bind but no control

Post by locktumbler »

Problem solved, sorry for false alarm. No saved model data starting new(there's the clue). It was caused by being a 'dippy old git' and still being unwell! Briefly: pre plus X9D on 2.0.13. Got different protocol modules but thought I'd tidy up things and use a Jumper Multi Protocol Module. Also, I recently got a Jumper T16 Hall Pro Tx with internal MPM. So, firmware updates all round to bring everything up to the same point. Had to pause for a few days several times due to a run of bad chesty colds(that's my story, nothing to do with the current problems). Test run of the Jumper was fine. Big gap and this morning I tried the X9D, HAIR TEARING OUT TIME(I aint got much)! I couldn't get it to work. D8R-II plus in D8 and X8R in D16 bound and gave all the right Rx lights etc but sticks did not cause servos to move and servos were powered and held at neutral. Eventually the penny dropped. I hadn't set the model type way back at the beginning, thought I'd done both T16 and X9D in the past. In the words of Del Boy, " You plonker Rodney (Allan)".

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”