OpenTX 2.3.7 and FrSky X9D wrong Switch menu?

Amovolare

OpenTX 2.3.7 and FrSky X9D wrong Switch menu?

Post by Amovolare »

I'm new here and so let me apologize if this (may be) bug has been previously reported (I was not able to find it).
I recently obtained a Taranis X9D with 2.1.9 firmware.
I have upgraded it to the new 2.3.7 firmware (and corresponding OpenTX) and all was good except the switch menu in the Model Set Up -> Inputs tab.
When I add/edit a new line the menu on the TX (and in Open TX and in the simulator as well) seems to refer to another TX model and only lists 2 switches (along with a number of trims and !trims).
After fighting for a while I tried version 2.2.3 and.. all was perfect! Both simulator and switch drop down menu reflect the hardware of my actual TX.
Hope this info can be useful. I thought not many people with an 'old' TX may have been upgrading to newest version and so the (may be) bug could have gone unoticed.
Thanks for the great job done and
Ciao a tutti!

Kilrah

Re: OpenTX 2.3.7 and FrSky X9D wrong Switch menu?

Post by Kilrah »

Switches are defined in the Hardware tab, those probably got set to None. You can set them back to the right types.
Amovolare

Post by Amovolare »

You're right, the Hadware tab in the OpenTX 2.3.7 version is messed-up. I have all 3 versions of OpenTx Companion installed on my pc and the other 2 versions (2.1.9 and 2.2.3) are fine. This means that, when i choose the FrSky Taranis X9D in the last version, the automatic setting compilation of the hardware tab was less than optimal. I see that this problem can be easly fixed thank to your suggetion. (I did not even know the existence of that hardware tab and I surely did not play with it).
To me, however, problem solved! :D
Thanks again
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

2.3.7 is fine, but there are indeed known cases of these settings getting lost when upgrading straight from an older version than 2.2.
Amovolare

Post by Amovolare »

I confirm: I went back to 2.2.3 and then upgraded from there to 2.3.7 and now the Hardware tab is perfect! Thanks.
Now: problem fully solved!

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”