Multiplex M-Link support for OpenXVario

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

mstrens

Re: Multiplex M-Link support for OpenXVario

Post by mstrens »

The latest versions of openXsensor are able to support the Multiplex M Link protocol.
You must edit the file oXs_config.h in order to match your configuration.
All explanations are provided in the file oXs_config_description.h

It you still have questions, ask here in this forum.

FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Thanks for that, I've built the sensor and uploaded it to the EPROM, just got to test it now.

I see there is another program, OpenXsensor Configurator, does this allow the sensor to be configured in the M Link system? thanks for your patience.

I can see I'm going to have to learn more about Ardunio programming (the last real code programming I ever did was at Uni a long while ago, all done on punch cards which you handed in a got the results back the day after, or more likely a message that there was a syntax error in the program !)
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

You can not use the configurator with the latest versions of oXs because the configurator has not been updated since quite many months to support changes made to openXsensor.

In order to set up openXsensor, you do not have to know about Arduino programming. You just have to edit a few parameters in the oXs_config.h file

If you only want to make a vario, there are only a few parameters to adapt.
I can send you a correct oXs_config.h file if you describe exactly what you are building like.
- Multiplex protocol
- Arduino pin connected to Rx
- type of baro sensor (MS5611, BMP180, GY86)
- do you expect getting some voltages (if yes, how many, what are values of resistors)
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Mstrens, thanks I may do that, the one I've just put together is working fine on my Profi, just getting a continuous height reading on address line 3 that I need to investigate. I'll have a look at the oXs_config.h file and see if I can make the changes.

No plans to measure voltages at the moment, but I may add a current sensor at some point in the future.
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

continous height on line 3 is probably the result of this line in the config.h file
3 , ALTIMETER , 1 , 1 , 0 , -16384 , 16383 , \

This is the absolute altitude (above sea level, but it is not the real one because it depends of the atmospheric pressure)
In fact, this info can just be omitted (just remove the line)

Relative altitude (= current altitude - altitude at power on) is normally more meaningfull.
In the set up given on git hub, it is on line 5;

5 , REL_ALTIMETER , 1 , 1 , 0 , -16384 , 16383 , \

FrankS

Post by FrankS »

ah, thats what threw me, it was reading 208m and I know we are 35m above sea level, but we've just had a big low pressure storm move through, so that would be the reason for the difference.

Jut made the changes in the config file and it all works great, thanks for your help.
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

I know it's been a while since this thread was used, but hoping someone picks this up. I am looking to build an Arduino based various for Multiplex but don't know where to start. Can anyone help me out please, it would be much appreciated.

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”