ADC inputs for vcc measurement

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

AndreL

ADC inputs for vcc measurement

Post by AndreL »

hopefully quick question, I had success in setting up most of the feedback that i would like to receive except for the ADC port(s). I currently utilize a capacitive fuel sensing setup and i drive the o/p with PWM through a cap to generate vcc to show fuel indication. This technique worked fine with the hub and therefore i would like to incorporate it to the OXS. Since there is no fuel i/p pin i decided to utilize the ADC to read the voltage and let the radio do the rest of the work. Although there are several AtoD inputs available I am only able to configure one - port0 to feed data that is found by the radio when I discover sensors. Is there a way that I can get the data for the other ports?
in the advanced.h when the lipo preset was 0 and i enabled the first port then the radio discovered a vfas sensor and showed me a value. When i configured another ADC port no additional vfas sensor was discovered. When i added 1 to lipo and configured another port in the advanced.h then the radio discovered a lipo sensor. Although now i have vfas and lipo on the display both only read the ADC0 input and both show and track the same value.
thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

Carbo

Re: ADC inputs for vcc measurement

Post by Carbo »

Here is an example how to transmit voltages measured with A3, A2, A1, A0 using the telemetry fields VFAS, Fuel, A3 and A4. There is only one VFAS slot available but you can use other fields to transmit voltages. Cells does not work because it transmits delta voltages in a packed field.
Attachments
VoltX4.jpg
(146.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
AndreL

Re: ADC inputs for vcc measurement

Post by AndreL »

ooooo man - forgot all about the define statements in the basic config - lol, awesome thank you for the clarification. With these many input options for large models you can actually have real time feedback from movable surfaces if you add a pot to each servo or surface. For servo analysis to some its priceless.
Thanks again for your help.

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”