Multi rpm measure and synchronizing ..

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

nesan

Multi rpm measure and synchronizing ..

Post by nesan »

Hi is there a way in openxsensor to measure 2 or 4 RPMs and Sync them with reference value?
the practical usage is to multi engine plane p38,P61, B25 . :?:
I thing mstrens have to consider this.
Nesan

mstrens

Re: Multi rpm measure and synchronizing ..

Post by mstrens »

Currently oXs can only measure 1 RPM.
I am not sure arduino is powerful enough to measure several RPM and to manage simultaneously different sensor + telemetry.
nesan

Post by nesan »

mstrens wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:25 pm Currently oXs can only measure 1 RPM.
I am not sure arduino is powerful enough to measure several RPM and to manage simultaneously different sensor + telemetry.
I believe you will one day breakthrough this limitations. time will say that. my university time is tube to discrete transition era. limited in programming knowledge.
thanks for answering. and salute for your good service to help others learning.
Nesan :)
nesan

Post by nesan »

mstrens wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:25 pm Currently oXs can only measure 1 RPM.

Hi here I looking for some advice from you mstrens; I believe the oXs calculate rpm in frequency counter basis. Do you say counting four stream of frequency will load the Arduino
2nd is it a hardware limitation in Arduino having only 2 interrupt for counting 4 different frequencies.
3:why can't it be another flair of OxS having only 4 RMP and 4 temperature sensors alone?
4: what you thing about "in case Arduino can not handle"; using other controllers like teensy or stm32 based bords?.
or use dedicated 74LS90 kind ic to easy the Arduino and use the Arduino just as telemetry protocol
:?:
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

nesan wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:18 pm what you thing about "in case Arduino can not handle"; using other controllers like teensy or stm32 based bords?.
This question has been put forward a long time ago and several times. But you have to remember, mstrens is, more or less. the only one, who is putting his work into the oXs project, which serves hundreds of rc modellers with a versatile sensor system.

And I have to say, I personally doubt, whether there are a lot of modellers looking for 'Multi rpm measure and synchronizing ..'

We did start some projects here in Germany, one was a converter to get Multiplex telemetry on FrSky systems. We started with teensy, but finally switched to arduinos. But only a handful of modellers are actually using this ....

So, learn and feel free to start your own project. Maybe I am wrong and you can find people, who are interested and work with you.

br and good luck - KH

tonnie78

Post by tonnie78 »

If you want multiple RPM readings, why not take 4 arduinos and create 4 sensors. With the price of a arduino at around 2 euros and the plane having 4 engines the added weight and cost of 4 arduinos can not be the issue

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”