Airspeed sensor N2 Indusries

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

ptitgros

Airspeed sensor N2 Indusries

Post by ptitgros »

Hello,
I'm just discovering OpenXsensor , Arduino and theyre fantastic possibilities :roll:
I made two ACS712 5A sensors with many difficulties and the great help of this forum and the French forum <E>:roll:</E> frskytaranis.forumactif.org.

I now consider Airspeed Sensor N2 Industries type SA02.
It worked well for a few months, but broke down following changes to my telemetry with a Taranis X9D radio.
It is no longer recognized by the discovery of sensors.
I removed the thermo sheath and discovered an Arduino Pro Mini and a 4525D-5AI001D sensor ! ;)
This Arduino is really close to those i used for my current csensors (probably oldr)

So the idea is to upload in this SA02, an OpenXsensor configuration.
Trying that, i receive en fex error messages invoking write and read refusal or synchro impossibility
do you think they lock theire devides ? is it possible in arduino tecnhonogy ?

Note : i try only to use this hardware with OpenXsensor soft, not to reverse engeenering.

I post pictures of SA02 sensor and one of my arduino witch i used successfully

I appologize for my english mistakes, i live in France and try to write the ideas in an understandable way, and fortunately google helps me well :|
in advanc thank you for your advices and help !
IMG_20200515_115815684.jpg
IMG_20200515_115829432.jpg
IMG_20200515_115927040.jpg

mstrens

Re: Airspeed sensor N2 Indusries

Post by mstrens »

If you prefer, you can send me private messages in French (it is my mother langage).

I expect that the AVR328P has some internal fuses that can be activated in order to protect it.

As alyernative, you can a new arduino pro mini (at about 2 €) and build an aispeed sensor with oXs reusing the 4525D sensor which is probably the most expensive part. It only requires 4 wires soldering between the 2 components.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I would expect he removed the arduino bootloader and just flashed straight with ISP.
ptitgros

Post by ptitgros »

Thank you Kilrah,
i have no knowledge to do your purpose,
i'll probably prefer mstrens's solution.
regards
ptitgros

Post by ptitgros »

mstrens wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:27 pm If you prefer, you can send me private messages in French (it is my mother langage).

I expect that the AVR328P has some internal fuses that can be activated in order to protect it.

As alyernative, you can a new arduino pro mini (at about 2 €) and build an aispeed sensor with oXs reusing the 4525D sensor which is probably the most expensive part. It only requires 4 wires soldering between the 2 components.
thank you mstrens for this contact opportunity in french.
It is never easy to express ideas in writing, but in English for me, there is always the risk of nonsense.
Agree to exchange by MP
you should probably summarize the solutions in the forum, this would be useful for other practitioners
regards

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

ptitgros wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:34 am Thank you Kilrah,
i have no knowledge to do your purpose,
i'll probably prefer mstrens's solution.
regards
I meant the guy from N2 might have removed the arduino bootloader, which means you can't flash it from arduino anymore without first putting the bootloader back on.
ptitgros

Post by ptitgros »

Hello mstrens,
i finaly cut the pcb arround 4525D sensor, and used it with a new arduino
openXsensor had been upload with a single 4525D configuration on smart port.
it works :D , it's recognized by frsky X9D transmeter and I hope the information is correct :) .
I'll soon test it in my car
here are pictures of sensor installed
IMG_20200521_232220097.jpg
IMG_20200521_232233386.jpg
thank you for ideas :idea:
regards
Gilles

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”