Flash RX with simple transmitter firmware

Electronic projects that are either related to the firmwares for the 9x, or simply great for radio control applications.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Flash RX with simple transmitter firmware

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hi Guys

I believe there was a topic on this a few years back but I cannot find it!

Essentially I am looking for a firmware option to convert a small frsky clone receiver into an frsky transmitter.

Essentially to make a wireless head-tracker.

Anyone have any ideas?
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

tonnie78

Re: Flash RX with simple transmitter firmware

Post by tonnie78 »

Looking at the prices of the miniature FrSky receivers why would you want to use a clone?

I mean a XM10+ costs about 10 to 15 Euro ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Did you read what the original post was about?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Rob, I don't remember seeing that topic, and I was very involved in testing and building my own receivers from Midelic's project.
An alternative would be to build your own multimodule using only an arduino pro mini and a CC2500 RF module. This is what the frsky compatible receivers use.
You don't need much range, so any module without PA/LNA would do.
I have some very small receivers made with an ATtiny85 installed inside my radios for wireless trainer. They output SBUS.

I am not sure, but I think the receivers and the multi protocol module are not pin compatible, so, they can't share the code. I could be wrong of course.

Making a multi module with a single RF chip and an arduino is fairly easy, then you could use your receiver clone as a receiver..

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
tonnie78

Post by tonnie78 »

Sorry I misread, thought you wanted to convert a clone into a receiver but you want to create a transmitter. No idea how to do that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

jhsa wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:41 am Rob, I don't remember seeing that topic, and I was very involved in testing and building my own receivers from Midelic's project.
An alternative would be to build your own multimodule using only an arduino pro mini and a CC2500 RF module. This is what the frsky compatible receivers use.
You don't need much range, so any module without PA/LNA would do.
I have some very small receivers made with an ATtiny85 installed inside my radios for wireless trainer. They output SBUS.

I am not sure, but I think the receivers and the multi protocol module are not pin compatible, so, they can't share the code. I could be wrong of course.

Making a multi module with a single RF chip and an arduino is fairly easy, then you could use your receiver clone as a receiver..

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
Yup.. issue here is the difficulty in fitting this into the fatshark goggles!

Annoyingly I actually had somebody send me a firmware to flash to a clone rx that would do this.. but it has 'vanished'
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

Return to “General RC Electronic Projects and Discussion”