Using FrSky S6R with ersky9x

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Wildvortex

Re: Using FrSky S6R with ersky9x

Post by Wildvortex »

Ran it on a very rough gasser before without any trouble. Good thing is if there is a problem you can quickly turn the gain down then get to the switch but truthfully never had a problem. Then again i rarely used it. As I said really only have them for high wind days.
Would love to find a stabilizer that has an extra elevator and aileron out. That would be good for a gas engine. I hate Y cables especially on power hungry high torque servos. The elevators are far enough on these big planes as it is.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Are you looking for THREE outputs for each, or have you missed that channel 5 may be set up for AIL2 and channel 6 set up for ELE2?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Wildvortex

Post by Wildvortex »

I am speaking on other stabilizers. Have this one set up on 5 and 6. That's why I want to use it. Most other brands just have one output each unless you go sbus.
dave11

Post by dave11 »

Hoping someone can help with my issue.

I'm running 9xr pro ; XJT module & S6R & im not getting any reading from the receiver when running the SXR.bas script from menu.

When i run the SXR script the progress bar at the top does nothing. Wing type & mounting type just display ---

Telemetry seems fine. I am getting an RSSI reading back. I've tried distancing receiver from radio but still no reading. The radio binds to the s6r no issue & is set to external XJT ; RxNum 0 ; Detect telem. select; D16 ; 16 chans

Servos respond as they should & remote self check using the 3 position switch seems to work fine. Blue led displays.

MENU only edit is unticked ; Scrolling is NONE.

XJT & S6R firmware were updated through the 9xr.

- Version: ersky9x-r222
- SXR firmware 2.1.0 FCC
- XJT firmware 2.1.0 FCC
- Protocol XJT
- D16
- 16 Channels

I'd like to avoid buying the STK tool if possible - From what i've read on here i think this is possible with the 9xr pro & S6R running the current ersky9x firmware or am I totally wrong ?

Thanks!
Dave
dave11

Post by dave11 »

I ended up buying the STK tool & calibrating the receiver - I've got it all setup & ready for first flight but still unable to get a reading from my 9xr which is annoying as i have to remove it each time to change anything.

I think i read somewhere that i can use sportset with the servos connected - Is that correct or was i just dreaming ?

dave11

Post by dave11 »

If anyone happens to read my last few posts - All of my issues were caused by using the wrong firmware for the 9xr pro. I was using ersky9x_rom.bin when i should of been using ersky9xr_rom.bin. I realised it was wrong when my elevator trim was backwards - Found another post on this forum saying to use the correct firmware. So i re flashed it & my trim was fixed so i thought id check the sxr script again & like magic I can now remotely connect & configure the s6r from my 9xr pro!

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”