ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
AlessB

Re: ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

Post by AlessB »

Hi Mike. I tried your recommendation. But multiply max 60 unit and divisor 232. Everything is correct in the menu 1852 and 1000, but CS1 shows multiplier 60 and divisor 232, and calculation output this

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Did you set the values in eepskye? It looks like I haven't handled larger values being edited in eepskye. Please try setting the values on the radio.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
AlessB

Post by AlessB »

Hi Mike. Thanks for your answer. I tried in eepsky and radio (Ar9x). Both results are the same. Firmware last test. I can take screenshots if needed.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

According to my testing, the values displayed on the radio while editing a single Scaler are correct, and are used correctly in the calculation.
The values displayed on the screen showing 7 Scalers are showing incorrectly, but the real values are still used in the calculation.
eepskye is wrong and will not edit the values correctly. However, if you don't edit a value, eepskye should keep the value set on the radio.
I have fixes for eepskye and the radio screen displaying 7 Scalers. I'll post these in the next day or 2.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
AlessB

Post by AlessB »

Mike thank for you very job! Happy New Year!

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've posted an update with this fix in. eepskye is included (.exe only), this is the version that is compiled using QT5.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
AlessB

Post by AlessB »

Mike thanks. Now everything is showing correctly.
olivierhacking

Post by olivierhacking »

I am running the Turnigy 9X with the 9xtreme board (ersky9x).

If I understand correctly, the TBS Crossfire module needs to use the CRSF protocol, however I do not see this as an option on my radio.

Is there a way for me to get this running? I don't want my tx signal to cut out just as I'm behind a building (like now using FrSky XJT)...
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What revision of erskyTx are you using?
XFIRE (CRSF) protocol should be present for the external module (last option after MULTI).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
olivierhacking

Post by olivierhacking »

I have version V. 3531-Mike

08.01.2016... I assume this is why I don't see XFIRE?

I could update it to the latest ERSKYTx, but am afraid of losing all my settings! Unfortunately I am no seasoned user :mrgreen:
EdwardMcRichy

Post by EdwardMcRichy »

olivierhacking wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:15 pm I have version V. 3531-Mike

08.01.2016... I assume this is why I don't see XFIRE?

I could update it to the latest ERSKYTx, but am afraid of losing all my settings! Unfortunately I am no seasoned user :mrgreen:
I've never lost a model or any other setting when flashing my radio to a newer version of firmware.
When I'm not flying I'm dreaming of flying, when I'm not dreaming of flying.....I'm asleep
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

olivierhacking: Do you have eepskye installed? If so, just backup both your EEPROM (models) and Flash (firmware) to your PC, then flash the new firmware. I have always tried to keep new firmware to be fully compatible with models stored from previous versions.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
olivierhacking

Post by olivierhacking »

I have never flashed any new firmware since installing the board. Is using eepskye the way to go? I will backup EEPROM and Flash before attempting to install the new firmware.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You have two methods, one is to install eepskye, and flash the radio from that. eepskye also provides an easy way to read both the flash memory and the EEPROM.
The other is to start the radio in bootloader mode (power on with the two horizontal trims held towards the centre). Then connect the radio to your computer using USB. You should find two "hard drives" appear, one is the flash memory and the EEPROM and the other is the SD card. Copy the two files (firmware and EEPROM) from the smaller drive, these are your backups.
Next copy the firmware update file to the "FIRMWARE" directory on the SD card, then disconnect the USB.
The bootloader has an option to update the firmware, select that, then select the file you copied to the SD card and confirm. You will need a LONG press of the MENU button to action these options.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
rwsams

Post by rwsams »

Hi, I hope this is the right place for this question. I have a TH9X radio with the 9Xtreme board. In order to keep up with the Multi-Protocol module firmware, I downloaded test version erskyTxR223B1 and extracted the zip file. I was able to install the ersky9x9XT_rom.bin using eePe v422 and the radio/module works fine. However, if I try to launch the eePe version that comes in the zip file, it complains about a bunch of missing dll's and won't launch. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance,
Bob Sams
Corvallis, OR
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Nothing wrong. I have needed to migrate eepskye to being built using QT5 instead of QT4. This needs the QT5 dll files.
On the test versions thread there is eepskye5.zip dated 12-Dec-2020 19:53. You need to download and install this, then overwrite the eepskye.exe file with the latest one.
Install by extracting all files, keeping the directory structure, to a suitable directory (e.g. eepskye5).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
rwsams

Post by rwsams »

Thanks so much. That makes perfect sense.
Bob
rwsams

Post by rwsams »

Mike,
Worked like a charm. Thanks again.
Bob
RVC

Post by RVC »

I am posting to ask about the current level of support for the TBS and ImmersionRC long range RF systems in ErSkyTx. These are the Crossfire and Tracer from TBS and the Ghost from ImmersionRC. It appears the answer to my question is yes because I see Mike responded to a member searching for XFIRE (CRSF) on Feb 22, 2021 3:59 pm.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes the crossfire protocol and telemetry have been present for some time. I have no data on the Ghost, does it use the same protocol?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
RVC

Post by RVC »

Mike,

I will begin discussions with ImmersionRC about this because this is the system I prefer so I'll do the leg work. Is there anything specific you need me to discuss with them?

Rick
RVC

Post by RVC »

Mike,

I noticed your post on RCG regarding this topic. I have tried but largely been ignored. My efforts have been through the IRC US dealer network and IRC directly. All I can do is continue to try. I have requested a specification as well.

Rick
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I tried but all I got was to ask here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/immersionrchub/, but since I don't have a facebook account I couldn't do so. Any further request for information has been ignored.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
RVC

Post by RVC »

I think not worth the effort. I lack facebook and may other accounts of this type. I have never had that much time to socialize...

Thanks,

Rick
EdwardMcRichy

Post by EdwardMcRichy »

This question is for Mike B or a power user who is in the know. Is there a plan to support the new ExpressLRS protocol for 900mhz? It's my understanding that you have to download a special version of OpenTX to use it, wondering if this is coming to ERSKYTX?
When I'm not flying I'm dreaming of flying, when I'm not dreaming of flying.....I'm asleep
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I could look into it, do you have any reference where the protocol is described?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
LiM3

Post by LiM3 »

ExLRS works fine with erskytx. Been using R9M accst with resistor mod over a year and no problems. Just missing opentx mixer scheduler aka crosfire shot.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

LiM3: I can look at crossfire shot, I have information on it but no hardware to be able to test it. If you could help with testing that would be useful. What Tx are you using (so I may build a test version for it)?
I'll add some processing to see what the module is sending, then I should be able to do the synchronising.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
LiM3

Post by LiM3 »

Sure I can test.. I've already build custom ExLRS handset but still have my old 9XR Pro + R9M combo waiting this feature.
spinorkit

Post by spinorkit »

I could also test it on my 9XR Pro + R9M.

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”