ErskyTx on X20

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
jurajjurej

Re: ErskyTx on X20

Post by jurajjurej »

It would be good if Sreeshot were stored in a folder and not in the root of the SD. It makes a mess.

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I don't have the radio, but I have to agree with this ;)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll have the screenshots in a folder very soon, and also the files will be smaller as they will only be 16-bit per pixel instead of 32 bits. The radio display is only 16 bits.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
donkeydoke23

Post by donkeydoke23 »

Hey Mike, is it possible to make this radio compatible with EdgeTX in the future. They said EdgeTX will support STM32H7 microprocessors in the future release. I want to know if this radio can be compatible with OPENTX or EDGETX OS.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It's up to each project to decide to support the radio or not.

TheSuper

Post by TheSuper »

I found that Ethos version 1.4.3 does NOT work with ErskyTX version r12. I had dual boot working with Ethos version 1.4.1 but it appears that something is different with the .bin file with ver 1.4.3 that causes my X20 to do nothing with I tried to boot ethos, it would still boot ErskyTX just fine. This happened after I updated X20 to Ethos 1.4.3, I used the Ethos Suite desktop software to update everything on the radio like bootloader ver 1.4.3, etc. I think something is different with the new bin file and/or the new radio bootloader.

To restore full functionality with the radio I had to remove the SD card and copy Ethos 1.4.3 bin onto the SD card, put it back into the radio and put it in bootloader mode, where it re-installed a working copy of Ethos. I was a bit panicked until Ethos was working again.

Any thoughts on why ErskyTX did not work?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I just downloaded X20-EU.zip (1.4.3) and used the .bin file to create the composite file and flash this to the radio.
This all worked fine and both Ethos and erskyTx ran OK.
I haven't been updating my bootloader (or used suite), so I'm still using quite an old bootloader.
I'll look to update the bootloader and test again.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've posted R13 of erskyTx for the X20.
I've improved many menus for use with the touch screen.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

TheSuper wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:24 am I found that Ethos version 1.4.3 does NOT work with ErskyTX version r12. I had dual boot working with Ethos version 1.4.1 but it appears that something is different with the .bin file with ver 1.4.3 that causes my X20 to do nothing with I tried to boot ethos, it would still boot ErskyTX just fine. This happened after I updated X20 to Ethos 1.4.3, I used the Ethos Suite desktop software to update everything on the radio like bootloader ver 1.4.3, etc. I think something is different with the new bin file and/or the new radio bootloader.

To restore full functionality with the radio I had to remove the SD card and copy Ethos 1.4.3 bin onto the SD card, put it back into the radio and put it in bootloader mode, where it re-installed a working copy of Ethos. I was a bit panicked until Ethos was working again.

Any thoughts on why ErskyTX did not work?
I've just updated my bootloader (manually) to 1.4.3 and both erskyTx and Ethos are booting correctly.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've posted r14 of erskyTx for the X20.
This fixes a bug that may occur when binding using an external module.
More menus made touch friendly.
If you have another radio running erskyTx, you may now transfer models to the X20.
On the old radio, go to the "Model Select" menu, highlight the required model and select "Backup". This will put a .eepm file in the "models" directory on the SD card using the models name as the filename.
Copy this file to the "models" directory on the SD card of the X20 (create the "models" directory if it doesn't already exist).
Run erskyTx on the X20, go to the "Model Select" menu and highlight an unused position. Now select "RESTORE" and choose the .eepm file. The model data will be converted to the X20 format and the model will appear in that slot.
Some things may need to be changed due to differing numbers of switches and pots on different radios, and the Rf module protocol settings will likely need changing to suit the TD-ISRM module in the X20.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted r15. This adds processing for telemetry from the ESC:
RPM
Voltage (FASV)
Current (Amps)
BEC temperaure (TEMP2)
BEC current (SBCA)
BEC voltage (SBCV)

Also AccX, AccY and AccZ may be logged (should already be processed).

I've also made the telemetry items display in alphabetical order (easier to find one), added an option to display the model name in the HiRes screens, and increased the number if mixers available.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
andytransonic

Post by andytransonic »

Installed r16a on my Tandem X20S. Not sure if this is a test version. While trying to bind Rx, the only option available is ACCESS. For ACCST, I guess have to get a 4in1 module. Any plans of having TD on this ? Fantastic work. . .
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On the protocol menu change the "Mode" from ACCESS to ACCST(D16). It works fine, I was flying yesterday with my X20 using ACCST and a D8R-XP rx running UNI firmware.

I'm investigating how to drive the internal ISRM module to enable the 900MHz part.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
andytransonic

Post by andytransonic »

That's great news. For updating ETHOS can I use the ETHOS Suite ? Or do I have to follow a different procedure ? Thank you for all the fantastic work.
andytransonic

Post by andytransonic »

All my Rxs are ACCST D16 and one is a TD Rx. Do not have any ACCESS Rx. While attempting to choose ACCST in the Protocol menu, I'm offered ACCESS Internal and XJT external. As I don't have a XJT external module fitting the Tandem X20S, is there any way I can use the Internal ACCST capabilities with ErskyTX ? Have installed r16a. Should I try with r15 ?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You should be able to select ACCST(D16) in the internal module protocol menu:
ACCST.png
ACCST.png (6.44 KiB) Viewed 40527 times
Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
andytransonic

Post by andytransonic »

I am getting this screen. Had downloaded r16a.
Attachments
ErskyTX.png
(7.65 MiB) Not downloaded yet
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I forgot I've updated that menu for touch in the last couple of days!
However, you should still be able to change the "Mode" entry from ACCESS to ACCST(D16).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
andytransonic

Post by andytransonic »

Not getting that colourful page and cannot change from ACCESS to ACCST(D16). I'll wait for next release from you, and again attempt.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On this screen:
ACCST1.png
ACCST1.png (7.75 KiB) Viewed 40452 times
Highlight the lower ACCESS item (as shown) and either press the encoder button or touch the icon on the right halfway down the screen. The display should change to:
ACCST2.png
ACCST2.png (6.54 KiB) Viewed 40452 times
I just did this with "16a" and captured the screens.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
andytransonic

Post by andytransonic »

Thank you so much. Got it .
andytransonic

Post by andytransonic »

Plan to fly on ErskyTX. Had X8R on ACCST v1.x. Flashed it to ACCST V2.1.0. Chose ACCST D16 with 8 Ch on the menu and tried to Bind. Could not.Rebooted to ETHOS and it bound with attached servo working correctly. Is there any special Bind procedure ?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Nothing special. If you have the module bound, then if you swap back to erskyTx it should control the servos without needing to bind again (make sure you have the same RxNum set as Ethos).

There are two, different hardware builds (at least) of the X20, and the signal that turns the power on to the module is different. The firmware checks an input to see which build it is and then uses the appropriate output. I only have one X20 so haven't been able to check both builds. It is possible "r16a" doesn't use the correct pin. I'll post a new build in a few minutes.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

"r17" now posted, this may handle the internal module power properly.
New feature in "Radio Setup|Display", you may configure up to 4 "Themes". Each of these has colours for the text and background and the display brightness. You may like certain colours normally, but need different colours in bright sunlight.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
andytransonic

Post by andytransonic »

Using X20S.No module.Night here now.Shall check first thing tomorrow morning. Hope you won't mind if I referto you as Sir Mike, as Offer Shmuely has so nicely put.
andytransonic

Post by andytransonic »

Downloaded r17. All good till Step 5. At Step 6 Composite is created. Total bytes written 5740544. After that cannot scroll down to rename it firmware.bin. Encoder wheel doesn't move anything. Neither Touch. I backout and shut down. On power up getting only ErskyTX. Option of choosing Ethos has gone. For your info and guidance.Thanks.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Not obvious, but you don't need to scroll down, just press the Enter button (encoder button on the right).
Having created "composite.bin", you may start the radio in bootloader mode, connect to your PC, an then use normal PC commands to rename "composite.bin" to "firmware.bin". As soon as you disconnect the USB cable, the bootloader will write this to the radio.

I'll look to improve the display when creating "composite.bin".

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
andytransonic

Post by andytransonic »

Dual boot part working fine. In Ethos I have a Model ID 2 on ACCST D16. Bound and connected. Servos moving correctly on my X8R working on ACCST V2.1.0. Shift to ErskyTX. Rx num set to 2 .Protocol ACCST D16. No movement on servos. While attempting to Bind I get a beep every 10 seconds approx. Rx has red and green combo on LED. Wonder what I'm doing wrong.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

May be something in erskyTx running on a X20S controlling the internal module I haven't got correct.
On the DEBUG menu (Statistics from the main popup then go left a few times) is the value beside "TelRxCount" changing?
If it is not changing, then erskyTx is not driving the internal module correctly. I can add some debug to try to find out why.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
andytransonic

Post by andytransonic »

Value beside TelRxCount changing
Raw logging OFF

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”