9XRPRO Crossfire Telemetry (Tracer) and LUA

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
ajarni

9XRPRO Crossfire Telemetry (Tracer) and LUA

Post by ajarni »

Did anyone get telemetry working on CRSF? Do LUA scripts for configuring work? I have a Tracer Micro TX in 9XRPRO.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9XRPRO Crossfire Telemetry (Tracer) and LUA

Post by MikeB »

Telemetry should be working on CRSF.
Due to the limited memory available, LUA isn't included on the 9XR-PRO. It could be added, but very few scripts would load and run due to the lack of memory.
The Basic script language is available (uses much lees memory to run). A configuration script would need to be written/converted from LUA.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ajarni

Post by ajarni »

Thanks so much for replying Mike. Please forgive my noobness, but I don't understand how to enable Telemetry on CRSF. UsrProto in Telemetry does not seem to include CRSF, on all others I've tried I get no sensor data. In Protocol External I have Proto=XFire, RxNum=0, Detect Telem.=Auto, 1st Chan=1. Erskytx does warn me if the model is still turned on, but no other telemetry data that I can see...
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you have the warning, then you should be getting RSSI. What other telemetry do you expect to see? I don't have any CRSF hardware so cannot test anything.

If you go to the Telemetry|Logging menu, then there is a tick at the very right of the screen beside any telemetry values that are being received.

I could look at the telemetry you are receiving if you create a raw logfile:
Set up a logging switch, then go to the DEBUG menu and press MENU LONG to toggle Raw logging ON, press MENU LONG again to select HEX.
Now, with everything running, turn the logging on for (say) 10 seconds, then turn it off.
Find the log file (should be in a LOGS directory on the SD card), zip it up and either post it or send it to me.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ajarni

Post by ajarni »

Hi Mike,

I am so sorry for the late reply. I was able to fry my FC and took a while to get it all back running.

I can confirm that telemetry is working 9XRPRO with TBS Tracer on Betaflight with enabled Telemetry in Betaflight and CRSF as selected protocol in ErSkyTX. The following telemetry data is received in my case:
- Signal information (Tx, Rx)
- Aircraft battery voltage (VFas)
- GPS and Barometer (Latitude, Longitude, Altitude)

I think there should be other data as well, but that is what I checked and understood.

Everything works well.
Thank you for your effort and good work!

P.S. If you still need the logs for your research I can still send them to you.

Scarofly

Post by Scarofly »

If someone found a solution to activate CRSF telemetry protocol, please tell me. I'm using sucessfully expressLRS with Mike's ELRSV2 Mike's script, but cannot find CRSF protocol in the "Usrproto list" on my 9XR pro. It should be working since I get an aural "No telemetry" when I switch my drone off. I must be missing something...

I'm using lastest 2.2.3 Ersky firmware, telemetry activated on Betaflight

Thanks ;)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

CRSF/ELRS telemetry should be automatically handled if the module is set to XFIRE protocol.

If you get the "No Telemetry" audio message, then some telemetry was being received. Do you see a RSSI value on any of the telemetry displays?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Scarofly

Post by Scarofly »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help. So I can confirm there is telemetry information (at least I get RSSI and battery voltage on VFAS).

I understand we also have to ignore the Usrprotocol variable when CRSF is already set on the external module.

Know I have to figure out the desired telemetry data corresponding to the proper telemetry name (Vfas=Vbatt for example).

But it's another topic, I will post in a more appropriate section if needed.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

A quick way to check what telemetry values are being received is to go to the Telemetry|Logging menu.
As well as being able to select which values are logged (when turned on), there is a tick at the very right of the display beside every telemetry value that is being received (or is always available, e.g. Tx Battery).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”