How is "THIS" used as a mix source to handle the flaws in "Slow"?

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MiamiMike

How is "THIS" used as a mix source to handle the flaws in "Slow"?

Post by MiamiMike »

On RCGroups, in a discussion about the flaws in the Slow mix option, Mike Blandford posted this:
In erskyTx, I have a mix source called "THIS". It is the current mix calculation of all the mixes for the channel up to "this" point. It handles the problem with slow.
I asked how one would use it to overcome the problem with Slow. I'd like to see how such a mix would be set up in erskyTX, but he hasn't responded yet. Is anyone here familiar with how the "THIS" source would be applied to a mix to make the Slow function work right?

P.S. - I tried to search through posts here for the combination of "THIS" and "source", but the forum software frustratingly insists upon ignoring the word "THIS" because it's too common. :roll:

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: How is "THIS" used as a mix source to handle the flaws in "Slow"?

Post by MikeB »

Sorry, been a bit busy recently!

Normally you would use it as the last mix on a channel. It then works as though all the previous mixes were on a "high channel", then you put a single mix on the real channel that uses the "high channel" as the source with the slow function as part of that mix.

Hopefully this explains how it works.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
MiamiMike

Post by MiamiMike »

Thanks for the response, but from your description, if all the "THIS" source does is save you from having to relocate mixes to high channels then it doesn't handle the problem with Slow that I was talking about. The problem is what I call the "phantom input", which I described in this post. Any successful solution to that problem would enable behavior of the Slow function that's not possible to achieve with OpenTX.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

In your post you said "The only solution I can think of would be a Slow function that operates on a final mix output rather than a single mix line's input".
That is exactly what a mix line using "THIS" with slow does.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”