FrSky X10s

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Suncoaster

Re: FrSky X10s

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:56 pm Test version posted with the switch editing bug (if 6-pos switch not at position 6P0) fixed.

Mike
Thanks Mike this version looks good, everything I have tried so far is working well, and I now know what the number on the end of the default switches is, I could not for the life of me work out what it was until I was playing with the 6-pos switch. :? :D

I must admit that I am not a power user, but I consider this version ready for production, all it needs is a method for backing up the EEPROM.

Once again thank you for the time and effort you put into this version. :ugeek:

Dave

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have a version of eepskye that reads and writes the radio and model configuration on the X10. I'm just testing it and making it look a bit better! This version is windows only, but I'll commit the changes to Github so someone else is able to compile it for Linux 64-bit.
To backup the existing "EEPROM", just power on in bootloader mode, connect the USB, then copy all the files in the "\RADIO" directory of the SD card to somewhere safe.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a test version of eepskye (for windows) that reads/writes the "EEPROM" on the X10. I'll commit the source files to Github later.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:00 pm I've just posted a test version of eepskye (for windows) that reads/writes the "EEPROM" on the X10. I'll commit the source files to Github later.

Mike
Mike,

I can confirm that it reads and writes model data on my X10s.

Dave
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

Mike,

There seems to be a problem rendering images, I have attached three as examples. They are all RGB 24 bmp files
ASW28.jpg
This one is 192 x 92 and displays correctly
LazyAce.jpg
This one is 192 x 109 and is offset to the right and wraps around
Hog.jpg
This one is 192 x 114 and is also offset to the right with a wrap around

Ignore the colours as I used these to display the images more clearly for the photos.

Dave

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I just created an image file that is 192 x 109 and that displays correctly. I think your first image may also be wrong, but as there is plenty of space down either side it looks OK, but it does look to me as though it is offset ('plane not centered).

It may be your .BMP files have something in that is not in mine, causing the image I create in memory to be offset. Please post one of your .BMP files so I may look to see what is in it.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:46 am I just created an image file that is 192 x 109 and that displays correctly. I think your first image may also be wrong, but as there is plenty of space down either side it looks OK, but it does look to me as though it is offset ('plane not centered).

It may be your .BMP files have something in that is not in mine, causing the image I create in memory to be offset. Please post one of your .BMP files so I may look to see what is in it.

Mike
Mike,

I couldn't attach a BMP file so I just added .txt to the filename. This image is 192 x 109 according to Gimp.
LazyAce.bmp.txt
(61.43 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a test version that should fix the image problem. It loads OK on my X10S Express now.
This version also has initial support for displaying the results of the multi-protocol module spectrum scan.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:50 pm I've just posted a test version that should fix the image problem. It loads OK on my X10S Express now.
This version also has initial support for displaying the results of the multi-protocol module spectrum scan.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I will download it now.

Dave

Edit. Works fine :D :D
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:50 pm

Mike
Will this be implemented on the other "older" radios as well?? ;) :)

Thanks.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It's in the source code for all except the original SKY board. I tested it on a QX7.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Nice, thanks Mike.. I guess I will have to update my Multi Modules? I haven't done it since a few months now..
By the way I do apologize I still didn't do that testing on my 9XT. Will do in the next days..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

Mike, I have finally re-done the battery modification from the previous owner which freed up the module bay. I put my multi-module in and created a new model using it and it seems to work. I then tried to update the multi firmware with the latest version and the flash failed. When I tried my X7 it flashed fine. The version I used is 1.3.1.36.

Another thing I noticed on the X10S was the leds, The green was on solid and the red was flashing, this was regardless of whether the module was selected or not. On my X7 the leds are only on when the module is selected and not at any other time.

How does the spectrum scan option work, or is it not implemented yet.

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

My external module powers off when not enabled and the X10S should be using the same processor signal. I'll check if it is not operating for the X10.
I just tried a multi update and it failed as well so I'll investigate.
The spectrum scan is now implemented in the source code so the next test version will include it. If you select the protocol "scanner", the next line in the menu is "Display scan". You just select that and press MENU to get to the scan display.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I can't see why your external module doesn't power off.
I think I've fixed the flashing of an external multiprotocol module, it now works on my X10S express.
The multi scanner should have been in the latest version I posted, but is in the one I just posted.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

I can update the regular bootloader from the firmware file but I still cannot flash the firmware to the external multi module, it just displays Failed and two lots of four zeros. :cry: The scanner option works as far as I can see at this stage, I will test it next time I am at the field with a few radios on. I have 223a2 on my X7 and I can can get the protocol "scanner' to display but the next line displays "none", is there a later version available for the X7 with the full code.

When I turn on the X10S the multi module is powered off but one I selected it, it stayed powered on even after I selected a model that used the internal module.

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll look at the external module power and flashing again. There may be a difference between the X10S and the express to do with inverting the signals.
When you try to flash the module, does it power on, then after failing, if you go back to the main maintenance mode menu, does it power off?

I've just posted a test version for the X7 that should have the "Display Scan" text showing.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:57 am I'll look at the external module power and flashing again. There may be a difference between the X10S and the express to do with inverting the signals.
When you try to flash the module, does it power on, then after failing, if you go back to the main maintenance mode menu, does it power off?

I've just posted a test version for the X7 that should have the "Display Scan" text showing.

Mike
When I attempt to flash the module, I just get a flashing red led and nothing else other than the failed message. When I return to the maintenance menu the module is powered off.
If I then select a model that is configured for the multi module, again all I get is a flashing red led, nothing from the green led. If I then select a model configured for the internal module the red led stays flashing on the multi module.
Thanks for the X7 version I will test and report back.

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Does the multi module work normally on a normal power up still?
I've just posted another test version in an attempt to fix the flashing.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:09 pm Does the multi module work normally on a normal power up still?
I've just posted another test version in an attempt to fix the flashing.

Mike
The attempt to flash the multi module breaks something as it will not work after that I end up with a flashing red led, so no the module does not work normally on a power up. I have to flash it on my X7 for it to work again. When I then insert the multi module back in the X10S it will work but it does not switch off when I select a model that does not use the multi. I am left with a solid red led and a flashing green led.

With the scanner option if I select "Display Scan" option all I get is a blank screen with the word "Scanner" in the top left corner, even if I have a couple of other Tx's on. What should I see?

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Are you compiling the multi code yourself or using a pre-compiled version? Either way you need to use the "MULTI_TELEMETRY" version now (pre-compiled version will have openTx in the name) for the scanner data to be sent from the module. You should always see a lot of small vertical bars, with longer ones indicating a larger signal detected.
Do you see the multi firmware version displayed in the protocol menu?
Regarding the module not powering off, I've added a couple of numbers in the DEBUG menu on the 4th line. Please try selecting a model the uses the multi module, then note the first of the numbers on the DEBUG menu, then change to a model with the external module off and note the number again.

What, exactly, was the battery mod that was done? I'm wondering if it upset something in the module bay!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've posted an updated test version, the last may not have had the correct debug data displaying. This one shows two values that are labelled "BI=" and "BO=". I'd like to know what they show when the module is ON and when OFF. Ideally I'd like to see 0008 for both when on and 0000 for both when off.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:51 am Are you compiling the multi code yourself or using a pre-compiled version?
The version I used is the pre-compiled "multi-stm-erskytx-aetr-inv-v1.3.1.36.bin"
Either way you need to use the "MULTI_TELEMETRY" version now (pre-compiled version will have openTx in the name) for the scanner data to be sent from the module. You should always see a lot of small vertical bars, with longer ones indicating a larger signal detected.
Do you see the multi firmware version displayed in the protocol menu?
Yes
Regarding the module not powering off, I've added a couple of numbers in the DEBUG menu on the 4th line. Please try selecting a model the uses the multi module, then note the first of the numbers on the DEBUG menu, then change to a model with the external module off and note the number again.

What, exactly, was the battery mod that was done? I'm wondering if it upset something in the module bay!
The module bay just had the charging lead and balance lead in it

Mike
I will download the new test version and report back.

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

To see the scanner data you need "multi-stm-opentx-aetr-inv-v1.3.1.36.bin", which is compiled with "MULTI_TELEMETRY".

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:04 pm To see the scanner data you need "multi-stm-opentx-aetr-inv-v1.3.1.36.bin", which is compiled with "MULTI_TELEMETRY".

Mike
Double post :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Suncoaster on Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:04 pm To see the scanner data you need "multi-stm-opentx-aetr-inv-v1.3.1.36.bin", which is compiled with "MULTI_TELEMETRY".

Mike
Ah, OK thanks Mike, does that affect anything else, or will everything else work as normal.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Everything else should work as normal.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

Hi Mike,

Results module on
BI=0008 BO=0008 DI=0000
0000 0000

Raw Logging OFF
TelRxCount Updating slowly 0700

Module Off (using internal module
BI=0008 BO=0008 DI=0000
0000 0000

Raw Logging OFF
TelRxCount Changing rapidly 0101

Changing to Internal module does not power off multi module

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

When you tested the Multi module, did you get it to bind and operate a Rx?
I'm not sure I have the hardware connection for the X10S module bay correct. I think it may differ from the express version I have.
I put the X10 firmware on my express and not only does the module not turn off, I don't think the control data is being set up for it, which is why the module OFF setting is not being seen.

I'll try to get a new test version posted later today.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

New test version posted. I checked the operation of the external module using my T16.
The protocol editing menu has a lot of debug down the right side, I'll only need what that contains if it doesn't work!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”