FrSky X10s

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Suncoaster

Re: FrSky X10s

Post by Suncoaster »

Thank you Mike I think you have fixed it with this version. A solid hour with no resets, so I think all that's left are cosmetic issues 8-) I hope ;) .
What format should image files be in as I have a bunch of "BMP" files but all attempts to have one displayed failed. Another issue which is different from my QX7 is when you exit after flashing a firmware file the X10S shuts down whereas the QX7 continues on to a restart.

The splash screen only uses half the available screen, not a big deal. Most file lists only use half the available screen and these files are not sorted in alphabetical order, I think this is the same on the QX7.

I will do a bunch of range tests tomorrow and setup a test flight weather permitting. :)

I will report back after this has happened.

Dave

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Good to get that fixed!
Image files are 128x64, 24 bit colour. The file should end up 24K long.
I know about the EXIT (RTN) not restarting from the bootloader, I've been trying to find out why it doesn't work.
File lists in erksyTx should use most of the display, only the bootloader and maintenance mode will currently use half the screen. I've never sorted the files into any order.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:15 pm Good to get that fixed!
BMP format or something else
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, .BMP format.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:50 pm Yes, .BMP format.

Mike
Thank you

Dave

Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

Mike,
Dumb question, how do I turn on telemetry in the Tx. I tried to setup a model for a test flight tomorrow and I am not getting any telemetry. I checked the Statistics menu and it is not running. I have never encountered this before, what do I need to do.

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll check the code, it may be I'm not looking in the right place for the telemetry, it should be coming from the SPort signal. Neither my X10S Express nor my T16 use that, so I may have missed using it.
Possibly, as a workaround, if you enable the external module in XJT protocol, the SPort telemetry will be read as though it was coming from the external module.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

I am unable to to add an external module to this Tx as the previous owner did a battery mod and installed the charge and balance lead in the module bay. I intend to reverse this but have not got around to it as I am waiting on parts to arrive to finish the job.

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No need to have a module in the bay, just enable it, unless the module bay pins are compromised by the added wiring.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:33 pm No need to have a module in the bay, just enable it, unless the module bay pins are compromised by the added wiring.

Mike
The pins are not compromised so I will do what you suggest for the test flight tomorrow.

Dave
Last edited by Suncoaster on Tue May 26, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Also check in the TELEMETRY menu that the "Usr Proto" is set to FRSKY and the telemetry com port is set to 1.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

First flight uneventful all went well, if anything the model seemed to be more responsive. I will now tidy up the battery mod and make the module bay usable and then try my multi module.

I will now go away and work my way through every screen and document possible modifications. On the file names in the voice user menu file that need to be consecutive are not, even though they are shown in the correct order in the fie manager, and this is an issue where you are using the both option.

Once again thanks for the effort you have put into this version for me.

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Did you get telemetry by setting the external module on?
To get the filename list into alphabetical order will need the entire directory to be read into RAM and then sorted for display. This needs a large amount of RAM, and possibly processor time. Some transmitters that support erskyTx don't have a lot of "spare" RAM. I'll think on what might be possible for specific transmitters.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

Yes I did, thanks for that tip I will add it to my list of things to check in future. It's a pity that there does not seem to be a way to copy the file in order onto the SD Card.

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll be looking at why the SPort telemetry is not enabled for the internal module.
The only way I know of is to delete all files in the directory, then copy them in one at a time in the order you need. Possibly, if you can get a list of the files you want, in the order you want, then create a "batch" file with the copy commands in it!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:45 pm I'll be looking at why the SPort telemetry is not enabled for the internal module.
The only way I know of is to delete all files in the directory, then copy them in one at a time in the order you need. Possibly, if you can get a list of the files you want, in the order you want, then create a "batch" file with the copy commands in it!

Mike
That is what I am doing at the moment one by one, I tried a block copy and they did not end up in the order they started with. :o :lol: so I will go with the one by one option.

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've looked to see why telemetry is not working for you with just the internal module enabled, but I can't see why it isn't working. I've flashed the X10 firmware to my express with some debug and, as far as I can see, the SPort is enabled and being checked for data.
I may need to send you this version to try to see if the debug indicates what the problem is.

Please check that when you have only the internal module enabled, whether on the DEBUG menu the first value beside "TelRxCount" is changing and the second value shows 0101.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:15 pm Good to get that fixed!

Mike
Mike

Is that size hard and fast, because try as I might I cannot get the file size down that small. I have downloaded image files from SkyRaccoon and have been editing them to try to make 24K without success.

Dave
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:22 pm
Please check that when you have only the internal module enabled, whether on the DEBUG menu the first value beside "TelRxCount" is changing and the second value shows 0101.

Mike
Mike

My fault entirely. I can confirm that the value of "TelRxCount" is changing and the second value is 0101. Somewhere along the way the Com port value changed to 2 after I set it to 1 (or should I say I thought I set it to 1).

Sorry for the confusion.

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I downloaded a (Horus) image from SkyRaccoon, loaded it into Windows Paint and adjusted the size to be 64 high while maintaining the aspect ratio, which resulted in a width of 107. I then saved it as a 24-bit BMP file. I then loaded this into another image program and adjusted the "canvas" size to be 128 by 64, moved the image horizontally to the middle and then resaved it.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I just checked the code. I actually allow images with a width from 128 to 192 pixels and a height from 64 to 114 pixels, all in 24-bit .BMP format.
However, larger images (vertically) don't fit properly in the space available on some screens, and with the changes I did to solve the reboot problem, I don't allow enough time to copy the image onto the screen, resulting in another reboot. I do have the fix for that, and I'm considering what to do with images that are too high.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a new test version for the X10. This handles images larger than 128x64 (up to 192x114), as long as they are in 24-bit .BMP format.
On screens where the height is to large for the available space, the image is cropped with equal amounts removed from the top and bottom. THe full width is always used.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

Mike,

There is a problem with Voice Alarms, I cannot allocate any switch other than SH or !SH.

Exit from the Maintenance menu no longer causes the system to Halt, but exiting from the Bootloader menu still does cause a System Halt.

The changes to the image display is working well, it is much easier to get a reasonable BMP image using the new size.

More testing at the field in the morning.

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Voice alert switches are working OK for me (on the express version), I'll flash the X10 version and test again.There are two ways to set a switch, press the encoder switch (or MENU=SYS) then rotate the encoder, or press the encoder switch (or MENU=SYS), then move the required switch to the required position.
Have you updated the bootloader using the latest test firmware?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Is it just the voice alerts you cannot set required switches or is it everywhere you want a switch?

MIke
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:28 pm Is it just the voice alerts you cannot set required switches or is it everywhere you want a switch?

MIke
Everywhere I want a switch. :(

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I did flash the X10 version to my X10Express and the switch setting works OK.
1. Does this happen with both methods of setting a switch (see 3 posts above)?
2. If you go to the "DiagSwtch" menu, do all switches show correctly?
3. Have you updated the bootloader, this should fix restarting from it?

MIke
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

MikeB wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:55 am I did flash the X10 version to my X10Express and the switch setting works OK.
1. Does this happen with both methods of setting a switch (see 3 posts above)?
Yes it does, I press the either the menu button or the encoder "SH" is loaded and nothing else I do will change it, except while "SH" is flashing I can flip the switch to change it to "!SH", scrolling the encoder does nothing.
2. If you go to the "DiagSwtch" menu, do all switches show correctly?
Yes they do.
3. Have you updated the bootloader, this should fix restarting from it?
Yes, and now the system does exit correctly.

MIke
An example is in the General menu I can assign S1 to volume control, but when I went to assign a switch for Insta-Trim it defaults to "SH' and if I try the encoder to change this you can see all the options cycle through very faintly but nothing changes.

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Temporary workaround - move the 6-pos switch to 6P0 (fully left), then set the switch!
I'll see about fixing the bug!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Test version posted with the switch editing bug (if 6-pos switch not at position 6P0) fixed.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”