Frsky x10s express

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
antlerhanger

Re: Frsky x10s express

Post by antlerhanger »

Bound to a S8R . Worked fine. Shut radio off to see if it would hold bind .restarted and it worked perfect .. Fantastic !! ..

Thanks
Allen

antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

antlerhanger wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:36 pm Bound to a S8R using internal . Worked fine. Shut radio off to see if it would hold bind .restarted and it worked perfect .. Fantastic !! ..

Thanks
Allen
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Check in the hardware menu that the "Rotary Divisor" is set to 2. (The hardware menu is enabled by powering on with the left horizontal trim held to the left).

I may need consider how the buttons on the left are mapped. Currently:
SYS is Menu
RTN is Exit
MDL is Up
TELE is down
PgUp/Dn is Left

I am looking at the presentation in general. I'm not sure we need model image displayed on all screens. Removing that would give more space for everything else, and the image does appear on one of the main screens, and could be put on some other main screens.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Rotary encoder was set to 1..set to 2 , that made it much better .The throttle was reversed in hardware..fixed, I personally don't use model images ..But that is just me.

Thanks
Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Mike can I go ahead and add my custom sound files or should I wait till next revision so I don't screw something up ? I tend to do that :lol:

Thanks
Allen

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes go ahead, nothing like that should change. Only the presentation, and likely the addition of the PARA Bluetooth trainer driver.
When you say the throttle was reversed in the hardware, do you mean the setting in the hardware menu was wrong?
Feel free to make suggestions for display presentation changes, and the button assignments.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Ok I will add the sound files..Yes the throttle was reversed in the hardware.At the time the encoder was bouncing all over the place so I might have done it and not known it..Took me a bit to even get the encoder changed to a 2 because it was going wild ...When I pushed the throttle forward the display showed it going down ..It was highlighted in the hardware menu so I changed that and it was fine . The encoder is great now...

Thanks
Allen
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It seems something didn't get initialised correctly in the "radio.bin" file that contains the general radio settings. The rotary encoder divisor should have been initialised to 2, and the sticks all to not reversed.
I've done a change to make setting the encoder divisor easier.

What revision of eepskye are you using? There may be a later test version available that does recognise the openTx bootloader.
Although, you should have the erskyTx bootloader installed now, so eepskye should work for updating.
Just going to post an updated version.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

My eepskye is P423 , Feb 3 2019...I will load new version onto the radio

Thanks
Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

I found a eepsky dated July 16 2019 so I updated to that..
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

I was able to flash with eepskye and I also tried it from just the radio , both worked..Version shows today's date ..In external module it now shows multi ..I will try to bind some rx's to see if all is well..

Thanks so much
Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

I can not bind anything to external module..In multi beside the proto name it says N/A..such as Frsky16 N/A .
Module has been upgraded..I have folder Multi.tx on sd card..tried dsm rx and frsky...When I remove the module and turn on and check multiproto the N/a is not there ..When module installed it does have the bind version number..I have tried inverting com port 1 ..All the same ..I am sure I am probably missing something..I can put the multi module in the x9d+ and it binds right up

Thanks
Allen

tried an external XJT module and it wouldn't bind either
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll test the external module myself again.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

New test version posted, the multi module should now work, and an external XJT may be OK, I haven't re-tested it yet.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

MikeB wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:00 am I'll test the external module myself again.

Mike
Downloaded the test version for MPM and will flash and give give it a try.. :D

Thanks so much Mike
Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Flashed the FW . Tried to bind s8r and had to push bind 3 times and it went into bind (module led flashing fast ) But wouldn't bind ..Checked to make sure com1 wasn't inverted . Tried several times and will not bind ..Tried a dsm receiver..had to push bind 3 times to get it to go into bind mode mode..It did bind to the dsm after several tries and had control over the servo's ..But will not bind to frsky..On frsky when I push the bind 3 times it goes into bind ( module flashes fast ) then it stops and both l.e.d 's are solid on the module..but the rx stays in bind..The N/A is gone by protocol

Thanks
Allen
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

To prevent accidentally starting a bind, you need a LONG press of either the encoder button or the menu (SYS) button to activate it.
With the multi module binding to FrSky, you may need to adjust the "Freq" value, try with -30 and +30. This is a standard "problem" with the multi modules, their crystal frequency for the CC2500 chip is not accurate enough. Once you get a bind, you can adjust the "Freq" value to find the upper and lower limits where you still have control, then set it to half way between.

I just did a bind to a S8R and it worked with no problem. I ended with the "Freq" value at -8, but some other modules need -40 or +40.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

That is what I am thinking...I retried the dsm and it bound right up...I tried the external XJT ,It didn't bind either..when I first go into protocol the freq. for the frsky d16 is set at 6 .It will not do anything there, if I move it to 0 then it will go into bind just won't bind with rx..I will play with it and see if I can get it to work..I really never use d16 on the multi because I have internal..But on this radio I would like to have d8 . Dsmx is the main one I use for eflite airplanes . Would it be ok if I change the rotary encoder to a 3 or 4 as it's still little jumpy ..If not it's fine

Thanks
Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Iv'e tried different freq. If I move the freq. off of 0 then it won't go into bind at all. it's just not binding in d16 or d8 ..Tried dsm on a orange rx and it binds right up..I'm sure it is probably something I am doing. I can take the multi out and put it in my x9d+ and it binds right up . I will try a x8r instead of s8r .

thanks
Allen
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you bind using the multi module in the X9D+, you should be able to then put it in the X10 and, as long as the Freq and RxNum are the same as the X9D+, you should then have control, worth testing.
This is odd since DSM is binding and the module works OK in the X9D+ and it works OK for me.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

I can put it in the x9d and a pro and bind ,no problems ..I can put it in the x10 and nothing ..The rx just stays in bind mode ...I can bind to the dsm as soon as I hit bind ...I can turn on internal module and bind but not from multi ...Bout to pull my hair out . :D . I've tried inverted but nothing ...I put a xjt in the pro and the x9d and bind ..Not in the x10..I've have tried BG multi module and a irange ...all the same..It's like I am missing something but just can't figure it out ..red light blinks fast when in bind then both come on solid like it is bound but rx does nothing..Hmmm

Thanks
Allen
Last edited by antlerhanger on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Figured it out..My bad...Now it binds right up to the rx...Fantastic !!!

Thanks
Allen
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

At present, you cannot use eepskye directly to transfer models to the X10.
However, there is a way to get models from another radio to which eepskye does connect.
Connect to the "other" radio using eepskye and read the EEPROM. For each model you wish to copy, right click on it and select "save model/settings", then save the model. This creates a file with the name of the model and an extension of .eepm. Close eepskye when all are saved.
On the SD card of the X10, create a "MODELS" directory. Copy all the saved models (.eepm files) to this "MODELS" directory.
Start the X10 normally and go to the "Model Select" menu. Select an empty model and press the encoder button to get the popup menu. Select "Restore", then choose a model from those on the SD card. Do this for each model.
Check each model to make sure all settings, particularly switch assignments, are correct.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Ok that sounds great !

Allen

That worked great..All are on x10s e...Voice worked ..I may have to rebind but that is to be expected ..

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”