Frsky x10s express

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
antlerhanger

Frsky x10s express

Post by antlerhanger »

I bought a Frsky x10s express .. Guess I will have to learn the opentx fw . I hope that maybe in the future erskyTX will be supported ..I know Mike is extremely busy . I probably will have a ton of questions . I have a x-lite pro with opentx on it and I was able to fumble my way thru to get a E-flite opterra bound and ready to fly . Not too complicated..But please wish me luck :D :lol:

Thanks for all that you guys do for us

Allen

And on top of that I have a new 3d printer..My head will probably explode :shock:

jhsa

Re: Frsky x10s express

Post by jhsa »

Good luck with your new radio :) I am sure Mike will support it when he has a chance. Perhaps the reason is that he might still not have one of those radios yet...

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I do have one of those radios, and will be porting erskyTx to it, just need to find enough time!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Mike ,I know you are busy , busy , busy ... You seem to be all over the place helping people ..And we do appreciate it so much ! Gonna send some beer money ( not Corona tho )

João that engine is still boxed up ..PM me where you want me to send it ..You have helped me a bunch..I'll pay the postage and you can have it ..Pretty good deal ( U won't even need to ask the boss..umm wife ) :D

Thanks
Allen
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Thank you!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Ha ha ha, :mrgreen: I will PM you tomorrow.. Thanks

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Mike your welcome ..Again thanks for helping us so much !

Allen
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I found a bit of time to get started on this, so I can build firmware and flash it to the X10express.
Bootloader seems to be working, I can use it over USB to flash new firmware.
Sticks, pots and sliders working.
Switches working.
Trims working.
Encoder and buttons working.
SD card working.
Audio working.
Display working.
I now need to get the internal and external modules working, and the PARA bluetooth module, and also test the trainer input/output.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

That is fantastic !!! Thanks Mike ..I know you are really busy so If I need to do any testing let me know..

Thanks again

Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

MikeB wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:16 am I found a bit of time to get started on this, so I can build firmware and flash it to the X10express.
Bootloader seems to be working, I can use it over USB to flash new firmware.
Sticks, pots and sliders working.
Switches working.
Trims working.
Encoder and buttons working.
SD card working.
Audio working.
Display working.
I now need to get the internal and external modules working, and the PARA bluetooth module, and also test the trainer input/output.

Mike
I know you are busy and working hard ..Sent you some adult beverage money..

Thanks so much

Allen
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Haptic working.
Internal module binding in ACCST D16 mode to S8R controlling servos with telemetry being received.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Thank you so much Mike ..I really do appreciate it .. I am looking forward to getting it loaded up and flying !!

Thanks again
Allen
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, I had to update the firmware on a G-RX8 to V1.3, then ACCESS on the internal module worked.
Trainer using PPM over the jack socket is working.
I have still to sort the driver code for the external module, but most other things are now working, although I have seen the display go wrong a couple of times (I've seen that on a Jumper T16 as well), but the X12 Horus has always been OK. Must be something to do with the X10 (and T16) having the display upside down.

If what I've described working is enough for you, I'll see about posting a test version for you to try.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

That will work !!! I am looking forward to testing it out .

Thanks so much Mike
Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Mike will the SD card structure be the same ? Same sound files ? Will the bootloader need to be upgraded ?

Thanks
Allen
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

SD card structure is the same, same sound files.
FrOS doesn't have the bootloader.
If you have openTx, then that bootloader should work with erskyTx.

I've just got PPM to the external module working, I have a DJT controlling a servo and telemetry working.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

I have not messed with it yet ..I do have a openTX sd card but have not loaded it yet ..I can get the bootloader from it tho .I'm not in a hurry so I will wait until you get a version ready ...I know your busy
Thanks for doing this

Allen
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, I've posted a first test version of erskyTx for the X10 Express.
The external module only works with PPM and PXX(XJT) at present, I'm working on the other protocols.
I have seen the display "lose sync" occasionally. I don't know what causes this, or what is then wrong. If it happens to you, please try to remember what you last did as this may help to make it a repeatable fault. When it happens, the display is difficult to read, but all other functions seem OK.

If you still have FrOS on your Express, then the first time you flash the firmware you will need to use Zadig and DFU-UTIL. After that, the bootloader will have been installed.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

I downloaded it and I am building a sd card contents for it ..Thanks so much..if I see anything I will let you know

Thank you so much

Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

So I have the sd card ready and I have backed up the radio..Since i can't use EEPskye how do I flash this thing..I can go in and copy the bin file to the radio but Then what ? I just don't want to brick this thing ....

Thanks
Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

So I was able to flash OpenTX using companion and Zadig..So that is working..Now I need to find out how to flash a x10s express to erskTX from the radio ...fun problems

Thanks
Allen
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you have openTx flashed, then try starting in bootloader mode (horizontal trims in at power on), connect to your PC, then I think that eepskye should find the radio and let you flash the firmware.
Otherwise, if you use companion, you should be able to choose the erskyTx .bin file and flash it using Zadig.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

MikeB wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:02 pm If you have openTx flashed, then try starting in bootloader mode (horizontal trims in at power on), connect to your PC, then I think that eepskye should find the radio and let you flash the firmware.
Otherwise, if you use companion, you should be able to choose the erskyTx .bin file and flash it using Zadig.

Mike
I'll try eepskye . That's what I have always used .. I of course went brain dead and didn't try trims for bootloader ..

Thanks
Allen
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have a new version that supports the DSM and MULTI protocols on the external module bay.
I've also done some cosmetic/layout changes to make better use of the larger screen.
I'll post it tomorrow.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Thank you so much..I just got home and I am going to flash this version tonight and I will flash the new one when you post it

THANKS MIKE

Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

I was able to flash erskytx with Zadig and companion...When I turn on power it just flashes then black screen..If I remove sd card it will go ahead and boot up to erskytx..always to the calibration screen..I can reinsert the sd card and see all the menu's ..I can shut it down then it does the same with sd card inserted ...Trims inward it shows bootloader 3.3 ..Tried to flash from sd card that way but it just flashes real fast and stays there ..Tried eepskye to flash but it says sd card not mounted, even tho it shows it is loaded in computer ..
I have the same sd card structure as my other radio's ..So I flashed back to opentx using Zadig and companion..That works..Flashed back to erskytx and the same thing..I shut it down with sd card inserted thinking it needed to write files..It said writing and eprom busy then it shut down..turned back on same thing as long as sd card inserted ...until I remove sd card..sd card formated with fat32....sd card structure downloaded from er9x website

Thanks
Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

antlerhanger wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:44 am I was able to flash erskytx with Zadig and companion...When I turn on power it just flashes then black screen..If I remove sd card it will go ahead and boot up to erskytx..always to the calibration screen..I can reinsert the sd card and see all the menu's ..I can shut it down then it does the same with sd card inserted ...Trims inward it shows bootloader 3.3 ..Tried to flash from sd card that way but it just flashes real fast and stays there ..Tried eepskye to flash but it says sd card not mounted, even tho it shows it is loaded in computer ..
I have the same sd card structure as my other radio's ..So I flashed back to opentx using Zadig and companion..That works..Flashed back to erskytx and the same thing..I shut it down with sd card inserted thinking it needed to write files..It said writing and eprom busy then it shut down..turned back on same thing as long as sd card inserted ...until I remove sd card..4 gb sd card formated with fat32....sd card structure downloaded from er9x website

Thanks
Allen
Tried a different 1gb card same thing
As usual , I am positive it is something I am doing wrong :shock: :D
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Please look on the SD card and see if you have a directory called "RADIO". If not, please create one then try again.
If you do have such a directory, see if it has files "radio.bin", "Mnames.bin" and "model01A.bin" in it.

Also, when you connect in bootloader mode, you PC should see two hard drives, one is the SD card, and the other is for the firmware. This second one should have a volume name of "ERSKY_9X".

I'll try to run some tests today.

Edit: I tried with a SD card from which that I removed the "RADIO" directory, but kept all other files. On power up, it did a few watchdog reboots, but eventually started. It looks like a first startup has trouble creating everything on the SD card within the time allowed by the watchdog timer, even though I've extended the time for the watchdog. Probably, with all the files and directories on the SD card already, it takes too long to find where to put the directory on the SD card. This will be worse if the SD card is formatted with too small a cluster size. It is recommended to format the SD card using the format program from the SD association as this will use a large (32K) cluster size.

However, creating a "RADIO" directory should allow the firmware to start with the SD card as it is. The SD Card menu will then tell what the cluster size is.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

There is not a "RADIO" directory on the sd card...I will add it then give it another go..

Thanks again
Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Added Radio to sd card ..Flashed with Zadig and companion...Started in the calibration screen calibrated perfect..Changed to Mode 2 AETR...It all saved and shutdown and restarted ..booted up perfect.. All files you mentioned are now on sd card..It was all ok..rotary is touchy ,I'm going to have to get used to that..I have not tried to bind to anything yet ..

Thanks so much
Allen

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”