X-Lite Pro

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
antlerhanger

X-Lite Pro

Post by antlerhanger »

I know I keep asking these questions but...Is there a erskyTX version for the X-lite pro ?

Thanks
Allen

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: X-Lite Pro

Post by MikeB »

Not at present as I only have a standard XLite, not the 'PRO. I do have the details of the differences, so I could attempt to port erskyTx provided someone else is prepared to test it. I currently have 25 transmitters as it is!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

So is the standard XLITE supported ? I like the small form of the controller when i fly my micro quads . But I only fly ERSKYTX . To me it's just better

Thanks mike
Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

I know the Xlite is but is the Xlite S ?...I'm just trying to figure out which to buy and stay with erskyTX..I can buy the pro and test it for you but I know you have very little TIME to do this.

Thanks
Allen
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

S and Pro are the same thing as far as firmware goes.

antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Kilrah wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:19 pm S and Pro are the same thing as far as firmware goes.
Ok , Thanks , I may just get the xlite..I don't fly many quads

Allen
ufoDziner

Post by ufoDziner »

MikeB wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:22 pm Not at present as I only have a standard XLite, not the 'PRO. I do have the details of the differences, so I could attempt to port erskyTx provided someone else is prepared to test it. I currently have 25 transmitters as it is!

Mike
Hi Mike,
I have a xlite pro that I can test with if you'd be willing to make the port and tell me what items are affected. Thanks.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, I'll see what needs doing, give me a few days to investigate, I have the required information available.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ufoDziner

Post by ufoDziner »

Thanks!
ufoDziner

Post by ufoDziner »

Hi Mike,
Just checking to see if if you've been able to make any progress with the x-lite pro code. Thanks!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll try to post something tomorrow.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've posted a test version for the XLite S/Pro, please test and report if it works.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ufoDziner

Post by ufoDziner »

MikeB wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:13 pm I've posted a test version for the XLite S/Pro, please test and report if it works.

Mike
Hi Mike,
I loaded it this morning and have a few questions/comments. When I first booted after install I got 2 messages.

Bad EEPROM data
Bad EEPROM formatting

Is this normal after the first boot? All subsequent boots have been good.

Here are the first things I've noticed:
1. The backlight doesn't seem to work at all. I've tried a number of different "Display" settings with no luck.
2. Calibration seems to show all controls working properly.
3. Haptic doesn't seem to be working.
4. Momentary switches don't seem to be recognized.

Are there other specific items associated with this model that I should be looking out for?

Thanks again for building this!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes to the EEPROM messages, I use a slightly different format of the EEPROM (also makes sure you can't run with openTx settings that would be meaningless).

I'll look into the backlight and haptic.
When you say momentary switches are these the hardware switches (buttons on the top?)? I may have them mapped to "PB1" and "PB2", look on the DIAGSWTCH menu for these.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ufoDziner

Post by ufoDziner »

MikeB wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:56 pm I'll look into the backlight and haptic.
When you say momentary switches are these the hardware switches (buttons on the top?)? I may have them mapped to "PB1" and "PB2", look on the DIAGSWTCH menu for these.

Mike
Thanks Mike.

Yes, momentary buttons on top. They aren't listed on the DIAGSWTCH menu in any form that I can see and they don't register when I press them to set as a source. There doesn't appear to be a way to scroll on the DIAGSWTCH page, so I'm assuming that they'd be immediately viewable.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I don't understand regarding the two buttons. I just flashed the test version to my XLite (non s/pro) and I see PB1 and PB2 showing in the DIAGSWTCH menu. What do you see in the VERSION menu?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ufoDziner

Post by ufoDziner »

I downloaded and installed X-Lite r222B3 from the test table. Pics of what I see are attached.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You need to download from: https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676.
The file is: xliteS_rom.zip, dated 27-May-2021 23:10.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ufoDziner

Post by ufoDziner »

Got it thanks.

1. The backlight is now working, but the screen seems to be flickering like the refresh rate is low.
3. I believe I felt the haptic once, but am not sure how to set up a test for it. Any ideas?
4. Momentary switches are now recognized on the DiagSwtch screen, but I can't seem to use them as switches in the Mixer or Fl. Modes.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Currently, PB1 and PB2 are not detected when editing a switch entry and pressing them (unlike other physical switches). You will need to step through the entries to find PB1 and PB2.
Go to the Display menu and set the brightness to 100. Does the screen still flicker? In the same menu, check the setting of the CONTRAST and see if that improves the display.
To test the haptic, go to the AudioHaptic menu, set the Haptic Strength to 5, Haptic Min Run of 20 is OK. Set a Global Voice Alert to use a switch of SA-, and set Haptic to Haptic1, then move switch A to the middle position.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ufoDziner

Post by ufoDziner »

Okay.
I found the PB1 and PB2 buttons in the list now. Thanks.
100 fixed the flicker, and the contrast adjustment makes the screen good.
The haptic is not working with those settings. It seemed like it vibrated once during power-up initially maybe, but I can't be sure. It's definitely not vibrating with the switch.

This model is supposed to have a 6-axis sensor as well. Would that be displayed on the DiagAna page?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a test version that should fix the haptic.
I haven't added the 6-axis sensor, I'm not sure for what it would be used. Without a Tx with such a sensor, it will be difficult for me to test its operation.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ufoDziner

Post by ufoDziner »

Thanks Mike. That did the trick for the haptic.
I currently don't have a use for the 6-axis sensor, but figured that it's installed, so having it working would be nice.

Can you point me in the direction of a 3-position switch triple rate how-to? I've just spent ~45min trying to set elev triple and cannot get it.

Edit: I got it after going through the dual rate portion of the manual several more times. Triple rates with a 3-position switch is really not intuitive to setup.
andrewju

Post by andrewju »

Hi,

Is there a way to get an Xlite-S version of the ErSkyTx ? At least a beta... :) All links seem to be gone...

I'm investigating a misbehaving stick on the radio and I'd like to see raw ADC values. I think OpenTX doesn't show these, and there was such an option in ErSkyTx (if I remember correctly)...
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

andrewju wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:02 pm I think OpenTX doesn't show these
Of course it does, Debug / [Anas] at the bottom of the hardware page
andrewju

Post by andrewju »

Oh, my bad! Surely it's there!
Thanks a lot! :)

BTW, do you know whether X-Lite Pro supports both 5V and 3.3V Hall effect sensors on gimbals?
The radio on my desk has one gimbal with 3.3v sensors, and the other gimbal with 5v sensors. The one with 3.3v works fine, and the other one jumps between 0 and midpoint all the time, no matter what... Can't be calibrated... The [Anas] screen shows good values when gimbal is disconnected (I can short the signal pin to 0v or to 3.3v to get 100% / 0% readings), but starts jumping all over once gimbal is connected again... At the same time, my multimeter reports quite a nice ~0.5-4.5v sensor output, depending on the gimbal position.
P.S. This radio originally came with 5v sensors on both gimbals.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On http://www.er9x.com/ there is a version of erskyTx for the X-LiteS (rev 223).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
andrewju

Post by andrewju »

MikeB wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:59 pm On http://www.er9x.com/ there is a version of erskyTx for the X-LiteS (rev 223).
Hi Mike,

That link leads to a 'file not found' (and also for the regular X-Lite).
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

andrewju wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:56 pm The one with 3.3v works fine, and the other one jumps between 0 and midpoint all the time, no matter what... Can't be calibrated... The [Anas] screen shows good values when gimbal is disconnected (I can short the signal pin to 0v or to 3.3v to get 100% / 0% readings), but starts jumping all over once gimbal is connected again...
My memory is a bit hazy as to which models had what, but some FrSky radios came with gimbals that have hall sensors that put out PWM instead of being analog, sounds like it would be the problem there, you have PWM gimbals but the radio is expecting analog.

On models where that was a thing OpenTX would autodetect PWM gimbals at boot time and fall back to analog so if you connect PWM gimbals after powering on it won't work.
andrewju

Post by andrewju »

Ahhhh! So probably one can't mix PWM and analog gimbals on one radio (i.e. left stick analog, and right stick PWM)... And that must be the reason for the trouble I see...

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”