Ersky9x Bug Reporting

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Ersky9x Bug Reporting

Post by MikeB »

What an odd bug! I can reproduce it on my X9E, it doesn't happen on a X9D+.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a test version for the X9E that should fix this.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
yds

Post by yds »

Mike, the new x9e_romP1r224.zip you posted fixes the cross-wired voice alert -- SD-down now works as expected and the Exit button is now silent like it's supposed to be. thx for the quick fix.

here's another observation, if not a bug per se -- when looking at the Radio Setup/DiagSwitch screen, the Page button registers as Left -- to me as a user, Page button should maybe register as Right and long-press Page as Left -- even without the long-press for Left, Page would feel more intuitive if it moved Right and not Left
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm looking at this. There is specific code to make use of the PAGE button as LEFT to enable navigation around the main screens. Just changing PAGE from LEFT to RIGHT won't work!
I'm adding a menu option to alter the operation of the PAGE button, but the resulting operation needs several other changes.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
yds

Post by yds »

MikeB wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:54 amI'm looking at this.
thx for looking into the navigation, Mike :metal:

another observation.. did ErSkyTX's Logical Switches ever output a value?

right now I have 4 Logical Switch combo to implement the ARM function. at the end Logical Switch LA indicates the armed or disarmed state. In EdgeTX/OpenTX I can use such a logical switch directly in the MIXER. while in ErSkyTX using this LA switch in the MIXER does not send the expected -100 or +100 values -- I had to first create a Gvar adjuster on LA then use the Gvar value in the MIXER.

not a big deal, however it would save having to use a Gvar if Logical Switches output -100 for false and +100 for true so that Logical Switches could be used directly in the MIXER.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Works OK for me on a X9LiteS with LA set as a mix source. It should also work with the mix source set to FULL and LA assigned as the switch in the mix.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
yds

Post by yds »

MikeB wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:38 pmWorks OK for me on a X9LiteS with LA set as a mix source. It should also work with the mix source set to FULL and LA assigned as the switch in the mix.
Mike,

thx for clarifying.. my mistake was trying to use LA as the Source.. following your recipe of using FULL as the source and LA as the switch works as expected here.. all good.. :metal:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It should also work with LA as the source, it does for me (switch left as ---).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
yds

Post by yds »

MikeB wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:31 pmIt should also work with LA as the source, it does for me (switch left as ---).
on my X9E running x9e_romP1r224.zip using LA as the source with switch as --- has no effect regardless of the state of LA, while the recipe of using FULL as the Source and LA as the Switch works as expected.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a new test version that should fix using a logical switch as a mix source.
It also includes an option (in RADIO SETUP|Controls) to use the PAGE button as RIGHT. This is still in development, although feedback on how well it is working so far is welcome. Long PAGE does give LEFT, but there are problems if you try to use that while editing a value.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
yds

Post by yds »

MikeB wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:24 pmI've just posted a new test version that should fix using a logical switch as a mix source.
flashed the new x9e_romP3r224.bin and now that LA logical Switch I use for Armed state does work as expected when used as a source in the MIXER. thx for the fix. makes the MIXER screed easier to grok at a glance cuz now it shows LA instead of FULL in the list view. :metal:
MikeB wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:24 pmIt also includes an option (in RADIO SETUP|Controls) to use the PAGE button as RIGHT. This is still in development, although feedback on how well it is working so far is welcome. Long PAGE does give LEFT, but there are problems if you try to use that while editing a value.
tried it both ways. I prefer having PAGE mapped as RIGHT, but now I can see how having it mapped as LEFT makes it work a little different.. LEFT tends to escape out certain modes more than RIGHT does.. in many cases PAGE and MENU end up doing the same function when mapped as RIGHT.. but having PAGE mapped as LEFT ends up feeling crossed -- in that case PAGE is physically on the right but acts as LEFT and MENU is physically on the left but acts as right.. it's those screens that feel non-intuitive on the X9E

maybe the X9E would feel more intuitive if
ENC was always ENTER or YES or on long-press MENU
MENU was always LEFT or on long-press MENU
PAGE was always RIGHT
EXIT always as EXIT

or maybe map MENU as UP and PAGE as DOWN since there's currently no physical keys mapped to UP or DOWN -- that way the scroll wheel maps to LEFT/RIGHT while MENU/PAGE maps to UP/DOWN

when I still had my X9D+ the ErSkyTX button mapping would take a minute to get used to, but everything always felt very consistent. on the X9E that feeling of the buttons and scrollwheel being consistent is not there.
Arvycka

Post by Arvycka »

Returned back to erskyTx after a while. Updated my AR9x to the latest (?) erskyTx r226 from here: http://www.er9x.com/ersky9x_rom.bin
Now my mixes no longer work properly:
If a channel has multiple inputs each set to "Replace" - only the last one works and others don't do anything.
If I change all the inputs to "Add" they seem to work like before with "replace" (the channel values are replaced, not added) but that's not how it's supposed to work, or is it?

Sounds exactly the same like described in this post: viewtopic.php?p=157546#p157546
r225 seemingly fixed it for this guy, but R225 is no longer available.
Is this a bug or feature now? :)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

When did you download the file? I seem to recall I spotted this and replaced the r226 files with working ones!
I've flashed the file I've just downloaded and it looks to be working OK with "replace" mixes.
The version screen shows:
DATE: 11.02.2024
TIME: 15:14:41

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Arvycka

Post by Arvycka »

Thanks, Mike, for checking. I downloaded it last Sunday (17th). I will try to download it again and reflash.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Could you post one of your model setups for me to test?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Arvycka

Post by Arvycka »

I reflashed my radio from a fresh download - same thing - mixes don't work properly. Tried r226a - no good.
Here is the model file and a short video demonstrating the problem.
Attachments
MODEL23.eepm
(5.36 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
20240322_182539_.mp4
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
20240322_181223.jpg
(239.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, it is related to having HALF or FULL as the source, using other sources appears to work correctly.
I'll investigate!

As a work around, try using a single mix with IDx as the source. This will give outputs of -100, 0 and 100. Put in an offset of -20 and the middle position will move to -20. Then use the Limits menu to set the end points to -90 and +50.
Alternatively, use a curve to position the outputs, set a 5 point curve to -90, -45, -20, +15 and +50.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Arvycka

Post by Arvycka »

Thanks for the advice! I'll try the workaround. And there is still some time until the proper flying season 🙂
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Actually I think it is working correctly!
The problem comes from using HALF (or FULL). In these cases the switch doesn't enable or disable the mix but causes the mix result to be 0 or 100 (for HALF) or -100 or 100 (for FULL).
This means the mix is always active, so using REPLACE does mean the last mix always overrides all the others.

Using ADD for all the mixes work correctly when using HALF as any mix where the switch is off has a value of 0.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Arvycka

Post by Arvycka »

Hmm, but still, something must have changed at some point as my models had been created quite some time ago and they worked fine.
I'll try to flash back my previous version. Maybe the logic was wrong before...
Arvycka

Post by Arvycka »

OK, the logic has changed. Same model, version 223.
Attachments
VID20240322213457.mp4
(11.11 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
IMG_20240322_213220.jpg
(833.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I think I have the fix for this change in logic. I need to do some more testing, but I'll look to post a test version later today (23-Mar-2024).
I've been working on some other enhancements so these are likely to be included, and are only partially tested.
These enhancements are:
Trims on flight modes may be specified as ADD to trim on other mode, not just own trim.
GVARS may be specific to flight modes, up to 12 GVARS are available in each flight mode. This option has an enable menu item.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've posted a copy of r227, for the AR9X board, on the test versions thread.
This should fix the replace mix bug.
This is just r226 with the bug fixed.
I will be updating all release files soon.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Arvycka

Post by Arvycka »

Great! Flashed it and it's working as expected. Thanks, Mike.
I'm amazed how much this firmware can do with such limited resources on these older radios. :o

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”