ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
splinter182

Re: ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

Post by splinter182 »

Awesome, thanks for confirming. Will test it out soon on both

LiM3

Post by LiM3 »

Been awhile but got some time to test and sync is working. R9M 50/100/200hz, no problems.

But I can't get any telemetry to radio. (Well, I get some but gives strange readings. FasV 460.8, Cus1 212, Cus3 100, Cus4 22, Cus6 5 and thats about it.)
Has anyone else tried if there's telemetry on radio with erskytx + elrs r9m?

What I figured out of those and seems ok:
Cus6 is RF_Mode 5 - 200hz
Cus4 is SNR
Cus3 is RX_quality

But Cus1 and FasV values seems strange to me. My thought was if I could get battery and gps info then maybe I could send telemetry via HC-05 inside my radio connected on com3 to phone app.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

For Crossfire telemetry:
Cus1 Rx RSSI1
Cus2 Rx RSSI2
Cus3 Rx QUALITY
Cus4 Rx SNR
Cus5 Rx ANTENNA
Cus6 MODE

FasV should be the battery volts.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
grifild

Post by grifild »

I am using R9 + R9M with ERLS at Turnigy 9X with AR9X board inside and ERSKYTx. Also I have bluetooth module inside my TX and it push all ERLS Telemetry to the Telemetry viewer app. At my drone I am using INAV. FasV showing correct as at OSD. Maybe you have problem with voltage scaler at your flight controller?
For Custom 1 sensor (1RSS) you need create scaler with offset "-256". And you will see RSSI in dbm like on the OSD in your case "-44 dmb" (222 - 256 = -44)
CptanPanic

Post by CptanPanic »

Hello, I am working to get ELRS (Happy Model) ES24TX working with my 9xr pro. I have flashed the correct opentx test version (erskyTxR223B5.zip), and changed my protocol to Xfire. I downloaded the scripts from https://github.com/spinorkit/ExpressLRS ... kytx-basic , but not sure which is the difference. ELRS2.bas lets me change the speed, but not the power, and doesn't have enable wifi flash option. Do I have everything right so far, and how do I enable wifi flash?

CptanPanic

Post by CptanPanic »

So I found the newer version of script in official repo, and it does work correctly. https://github.com/ExpressLRS/ExpressLR ... c/ELRS.bas
CptanPanic

Post by CptanPanic »

Ok so ELRS is working with my receiver. Now the only thing I don't know how to do is setup the telemetry. Really just need signal strength. If I go to model_setup->telemetry, what do I need to set for UsrProto, as I don't see Xfire there?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The telemetry should automatically be set for Crossfire when the protocol is set for Crossfire.
You may need to check you have the correct Com port selected (COM1) and that it is not inverted. Then the telemetry should come through.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Hey guys, I am back after some long(ish) break. Oh no, not him again :o :P :D
So, is erskyTX still being developed? Does it still support my 9xtreme and Ar9x boards, or do I have to buy / build some other radios? ;)

I have been doing some other stuff but my son asked me to build a couple receivers for him and I have decided that I will spend more time on RC. It would be nice if there is still some DIY radio development. :)
Need to update my radios by the way.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
CptanPanic

Re: RE: Re: ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

Post by CptanPanic »

MikeB wrote:The telemetry should automatically be set for Crossfire when the protocol is set for Crossfire.
You may need to check you have the correct Com port selected (COM1) and that it is not inverted. Then the telemetry should come through.

Mike
Here is a video of the controller. What am I missing? https://imgur.com/a/R6UFxnV

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The settings for the COM port (1 or 2 and inversion) are in the Telemetry menu. Please check this as I mentioned.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Hi João,
Yes erskyTx is still being developed, although I seem to be spending more time porting it to new radios than adding new features.
As many new radios have the large, colour screen, I'm adding things for those at present.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
CptanPanic

Post by CptanPanic »

MikeB wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:42 am The settings for the COM port (1 or 2 and inversion) are in the Telemetry menu. Please check this as I mentioned.

Mike
Yes
Telemetry->"Telem. Com Port" = 1
And Invert = None.
Telemetry->"Com2 Func. = Telemetry

I am not sure what should be in Telemetry->UsrProto, as I don't see Xfire there.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Set the UsrProto to FrSky, it is possible that having it set to ARDUC could cause a problem.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Re: RE: Re: ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote:Hi João,
Yes erskyTx is still being developed, although I seem to be spending more time porting it to new radios than adding new features.
As many new radios have the large, colour screen, I'm adding things for those at present.

Mike
Shall we implement a color display on Ar9x? ;)
Joking.
Before adding new features on ErskyTX, I think there are some old features that might need some attention ;)
I have also noticed today that the RTC battery of my 9xtreme radio finally died after 3 years.. Probably longer. Need to replace it and will take the chance to remove those pogo pins and just solder some wires between both boards.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
phil

Post by phil »

das ist schön Mike dass du etwas Farbe in erskytx bringst. Vermutlich wird es noch einige Zeit dauern bis die ersten Screens fertig sind.
vielen Dank
Phil
spinorkit

Post by spinorkit »

Mike, just in case you have any suggestions for diagnosing this, today I tried using the FlashElrs_atmel app (for just the 2nd time) on my 9XR Pro to upgrade my RM9 to ELRS-1.2.0. After briefing displaying "power on delay" on the screen, there is a delay of a few seconds while it displays :
FLASHING
0000 0000
then it displays:
FAILED
0000 0000

I tried re-flashing the previous version of the firmware (1.0.0-RC8) but that also failed the same way.
Then I re-flashed the ELRS frk bootloader using the SPORT update, which succeeded, but this did not fix the firmware upload problem.
Is there anyway the protocol setting for the current model would affect the operation of the FlashElrs app?
(It seems the SPORT update for the boot loader only works if the current model is set to use XJT).
Is there any possibility the 9XR Pro needs the diode in the SPORT line I have seen mentioned here?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Did it work OK before, if so was this on the 9XR-PRO and with what module.
Just thinking that it may depend on the setting for inverting COM1. This is controlled by an output of the real time clock chip, and, I think, will stay as set by the last model loaded, even through a power cycle.
This may explain why you needed the current model set to XJT for the SPORT flash, that model also has the COM1 inversion set as needed.

So try changing the COM1 inversion for the current model, then try the FlashElrs again. (Don't forget to set the COM1 inversion back afterwards).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
spinorkit

Post by spinorkit »

Mike, thanks for your help.
The time FlashElrs_atmel app worked for me I had taken a R9M with the stock Frsky firmware, used Update SPORT to flash the elrs bootloader (.frk) and then used FlashElrs_atmel to flash the elrs firmware.

Attempting apply this elrs update, I tried all the combinations around COM1 inversion to no avail.

I then wondered if this update failure was due to the R9M now having ELRS running and the FlashElrs_atmel app not doing whatever might be needed to get it back into the boot loader.

So I used Update SPORT to re-flash the original Frsky firmware (the FlashElrs_atmel app still failed to flash the elrs firmware).
Next I used Update SPORT to re-flash the elrs bootloader (.frk).
FlashElrs_atmel then succeeded in flashing the elrs firmware.

So the elrs update is possible but it is a three step process.

Kit
spinorkit

Post by spinorkit »

Mike, it occurred to me that maybe on the 9XR Pro, the powering off with the 3.5mm jack plug in the trainer socket trick might be needed to power up the R9M at the correct time when using the FlashElrs_atmel app?
This does not seem possible at present when running the app.

Kit
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No, the trainer jack on the 'PRO doesn't turn power to the radio ON.
I should be able to do something with the FlashElrs app so that once you leave the main screen, power is held on.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Try this one.
When you get to the confirmation screen, just before the flashing starts, you may turn the power switch off. This should cut power to the module I think. Now confirm the flash operation, then as soon as it starts trying to flash, turn the power switch back on.

Mike
Attachments
FlashElrs_atmel.zip
(14.13 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
erskyTx/er9x developer
spinorkit

Post by spinorkit »

Mike, that worked just fine and is much quicker than the 3 step process!
Thanks!

Just to help my understanding, on my 9XR PRO plugging a 3.5 mm jack into the trainer socket does power up the radio.
I thought I needed to do that every time I flashed a module using the Update SPORT command so I could power up the module at the "Finding Device" stage by switching the radio back on?

Kit
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, the 'PRO does power on when you plug a 3.5mm jack plug into the trainer socket (NOT the headphone socket as I tested! A long time since I did anything with the 'PRO!).
The bootloader and apps don't (currently) look for the trainer plug inserted and keep power on even when the power switch goes off.
I've made the app keep power on at the confirm screen, and while flashing. It was supposed to be doing this, but I was testing the wrong variable. Power needs to be kept on during flashing so you can't turn it off in the middle of flashing. Similar operations when in maintenance mode do work correctly (and power is kept on if the trainer jack is plugged in this mode).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
spinorkit

Post by spinorkit »

Thanks for this very helpful clarification Mike.

Kit
phil

Post by phil »

Hi Mike,
because of my grandson i went into coach mode yesterday. Plant taranis d, erx9d-B5r223.
when clocking through src: jack PPM etc. the screen suddenly went dark.
I don't get in bright anymore.
When the control is switched on, the screen is normally bright and then goes into dark mode.
I've tried everything as far as I can, but it doesn't get light anymore. what could that be?
Greetings Phil
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll have a look. I just tested with B4r223 (I have that on my test X9D) and the backlight went off as soon as I selected SLAVE in the trainer menu.
When I powered the radio of and on, the backlight came on for a short time, then went off. If I change to something other than SLAVE, then power of and on, the backlight works again.
This doesn't happen on a X9D+.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
phil

Post by phil »

thanks Mike for the quick reply.
My taranis x9d, without plus, does not go into light mode with SLAVE.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Try this one!

Mike
x9d_rompB6.zip
(196.87 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
erskyTx/er9x developer
phil

Post by phil »

Thanks Mike,
it works fine if a light switch is specified.
I am always amazed how familiar you are with this system.
stay healthy, greetings Phil

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”