Swash menu in firmware 2.1 - Help please !

BenZoFly

Swash menu in firmware 2.1 - Help please !

Post by BenZoFly »

Hi all,

I crashed my heli after the firmware 2.1 upgrade as I only discovered on the filed the change in swash mix and did the stupid thing to change values just before flying.
My fault... Still, I would recommend anyone having flown a heli with the swash mixer of a previous firmware to do extensive checks before flying using fw 2.1, especially the swash setup.

Now that I'm back on the bench, I am quite disoriented. I realise that I programmed my helis in 2 different ways of mixing, from the same input. Illustration with pictures:

I apply DR and expo to the sticks with GVars set per flight mode, typically 50/75/100% rate and 30/20/10% expo. I apply 100% rate on throttle cut mode to test for binding.
Input screen for helis
Input screen for helis
Next for one heli, I inputed pitch curves with 100% rate to the swash mixer, then applied the pitch rate (35%) to each CYC value. It worked.
Mix screen with pitch rate applied to CYC output
Mix screen with pitch rate applied to CYC output
For the other heli I applied pitch rate (45%) to the pitch curve before the swash mixer, and used the CYC values with 100% rate. It also worked.
Mix screen with pitch rate applied to pitch curve before swash mixer
Mix screen with pitch rate applied to pitch curve before swash mixer
By feeling I would program something like this (take a pitch rate of 45%):
swash mix.PNG
new swash mix screen in 2.1
(9.27 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Now the questions in view of the firmware 2.1 update:
1/ where am I supposed to apply the pitch rate ? In the new swash screen (and make my pitch mix 100% weight?) or in the mixer as before (and set pitch weight at 100% in the new screen) ?
2/ if I want to maintain my stick rates as GVars, do I need to input 100% weight on long. and lat. input in the new menu as above?
3/ when I add subtrim to my cyclic servos AND add more trim in flight (for a mechanical head) when are the trim and subtrim applied? Is there any difference depending on the setup choices above?

I suspect (but it is a first analysis) that my crash at startup (not even takeoff) was due to the trims and subtrims not applied as was before, ending up in a swash plate slightly not flat, so the heli flipped on rev up.
Any guidance is more than welcome !!

Thanks,
B.

BenZoFly

Re: Swash menu in firmware 2.1 - Help please !

Post by BenZoFly »

Anyone?

Thanks!!

Return to “Helicoptor Programming”