HiSky/Turnigy FBL100 + HT8 Module & Sky9x setup help

stevecox

HiSky/Turnigy FBL100 + HT8 Module & Sky9x setup help

Post by stevecox »

Hi there, as per topic, does anyone have a working setup to help me out with. It's driving me crazy trying to find the channel order on the heli side etc. My setup currently (mode2) is that I use a Frysky module in the tx to a D8RSP rx I then use the PPM out off CH1 and the power as well to the HT8 module. I can bind the heli. I can throttle up, I can move swash ELE and AIL correct. RUD I can only get half the stick movement to work ie only turn one way. Currently I have CH1=AIL, CH2=ELE, CH3=THR, CH4=RUD, CH5=? CH6=AIL. Lastly I am currently googling and checking the forum, I have never set up a heli ccpm before, once I get my channels right, can someone point me to an idiots first time ccpm setup guide please - I don't mind reading up :-) Any help will be greatly appreciated. I haven't tried to set up any curves as yet, neither the swash, just wanna get a grip on what channels are where first.

Kilrah

Re: HiSky/Turnigy FBL100 + HT8 Module & Sky9x setup help

Post by Kilrah »

What you should look in detail is the manual of your FBL controller. With FBL, most on the setup is done on the heli and FBL controller, not on the radio. The manual should tell you how to configure it, and what to set on the radio.
stevecox

Post by stevecox »

Sorry, I should have given more detail, the FBL100 I refer to is a RTF heli - not just a general Flybarless heli, it doesn't have any setup info in the manual whatsoever and the tx it came with is not programmable - all factory preset - this all the guesswork :-( In other words - on the heli rx side (all in one rx, esc, servo's) I dont know what any of the channels are, just guessing back n forth. Using the HiSky HT8 rf module with your 9x tx allows you to bind, incidentally I am using a sky9x noard as well. Back to the FBL100 manual, there is simply zero info to do with channels, setup etc. Here is a link: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... de_2_.html
stevecox

Post by stevecox »

Okay I got it right, I have attached my tx setup file and how I use my FrSKY module contained therein for others later who may search the forum. This setup is for simple flying, adjust the curves to suit your flying style.
Attachments
21078478X496977X41.pdf
Tx setup
(917.61 KiB) Downloaded 3012 times
m1k3

Post by m1k3 »

Hey stevecox, thanks for the setup file! where did you pick up the HT8 from ?

stevecox

Post by stevecox »

My specific one I bought here:
http://www.buychina.com/items/the-rf-hi ... tqvsssnmjk
But use google, I always try and add odds n ends to the order, another interesting place that has a BNF FBL100 quite well priced with good freight ...
http://www.hobbyeurope.com/rc/helicopte ... helicopter for a heli and HT8
http://www.hobbyeurope.com/rc/helicopte ... opter-only
But google HiSKY HT8 you may find it in your regular online shop :-)
BTW look here http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wltoy ... 55862.html
Though tempting, my wife will kill me if I get another copter right now but I bet its compatible, its so new I haven't seen any confirmation yet.

Aside & out of interest maybe, that setup I did with the receiver to the tx module could work with many many other tx modules (like the new Orange tx DSM module in the HK store for instance :-) ) used sensibly you would only ever need one tx for almost any protocol. By sensibly I mean placement of the rx+tx module in use for correct clear transmission of the signal to the model being flown - but anyone persuing this method! please - used at your own choice and discretion, accidents and mishaps if using this method must be entirely at users/your own risk please.
windcatcher

Post by windcatcher »

stevecox wrote:My specific one I bought here:
http://www.buychina.com/items/the-rf-hi ... tqvsssnmjk
But use google, I always try and add odds n ends to the order, another interesting place that has a BNF FBL100 quite well priced with good freight ...
http://www.hobbyeurope.com/rc/helicopte ... helicopter for a heli and HT8
http://www.hobbyeurope.com/rc/helicopte ... opter-only
But google HiSKY HT8 you may find it in your regular online shop :-)

BTW look here http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wltoy ... 55862.html
Though tempting, my wife will kill me if I get another copter right now but I bet its compatible, its so new I haven't seen any confirmation yet.

Have you seen any confirmation on this ht8 module working with Wl Toys V922??
stevecox

Post by stevecox »

I haven't got the V922 but seeing photo's on the net I would say so ...
See this which is confirmation :-) http://lmgtfy.com/?q=v922+hisky+ht8
Gaijin

Post by Gaijin »

I don't suppose you could submit your actual eepe template file for this heli, it would save a lot of copy / pasting and reduce the chance of me introducing a stupid error
;)
stevecox

Post by stevecox »

Okay, will do tonight my time (ZA), I know its the wrong forum but some people have the tx and some common coders, I will also post the ini template for Devo8s with deviation software I use as well.
nunieboy

Post by nunieboy »

Hey. I'm new to this whole controller thing, but i was wondering. if i buy the turnigy 9x and the ht8 module, do i need to flash the turnigy? i'm only asking cause i'm so new that i just want to fly it with as little work as possible. and i also want to be able to use the turnigy module so i can fly planes with it
stevecox

Post by stevecox »

You only need the HT8 module for compatibility with the FBL100 or other HiSky products. The 9x has its own internal module alternately you could use a FrSKY or Corona etc, not 100% sure what you're asking, if its just the tx and rx you are going to put into an aircraft then use what it comes with you do not need the HT8 module. Secondly you can buy the 9x with or without a module same with rx, make sure you select all you want when ordering.
stevecox

Post by stevecox »

Here is the 9x version, I am using sky9x software on Companion9x .. rename the file to .bin extension.

By the way, this is almost identical to using the wizard in companion9x with 120 swash and futaba style ...
Attachments
FBL100.txt
FBL100 rename extension to bin file - companion9x type
(512 KiB) Downloaded 1541 times
nunieboy

Post by nunieboy »

I want to buy the fbl100 but it doesn't bind to my tx. i just recently bought the 9xr and was wonder if i need to do anything special so it'll bind to the fbl 100.
nunieboy

Post by nunieboy »

my question is, will 9xr/9x accept the ht8 without any mod/flashing required?
stevecox

Post by stevecox »

You wouldn't need to flash, you may need to do the PPM trainer hack though as a bare minimum. On my setup I soldered + - and signal PPM direct to the board to get the power and signal to the HT8. I dont have a charging socket I removed mine to fit the plug for flashing the sky9x board.

There is a newer HT8 module around, I dont have the link but I have seen it, the new version of the HT8 has an internal battery try get that one if you can, then you would only need to do the Trianer PPM hack.
windcatcher

Post by windcatcher »

stevecox wrote:Here is the 9x version, I am using sky9x software on Companion9x .. rename the file to .bin extension.

By the way, this is almost identical to using the wizard in companion9x with 120 swash and futaba style ...
Hello Steve,

I am playing with your setup for a while now with 2 helis which are wltoys v922 and hisky fbl100.

I have a few questions:
  • are you still using it or maybe you already have some updated better version?
  • what do you use channel 5 and gear switch for on this setup?
  • have you done curves yourself or just used template?
  • is there a way of controlling gyro on those helis?
  • have you used HT8 manual to do it or just started the template?
I have bought hisky with HT-8 and successfully used your setup however there is new version of hisky fbl100 available with programmable TX here

This is coming with simple but programmable TX with display

[thumbnail]http://www.hobbyeurope.com/images/defau ... g?sfvrsn=2[/thumbnail]

That have few interesting options pictured, one of them is gyro sensibility settings, another is switch to change dual rate/expo as well as other switches.

Im going to check the manual and try to create similar setup.
windcatcher

Post by windcatcher »

nunieboy wrote:my question is, will 9xr/9x accept the ht8 without any mod/flashing required?
Turnigy 9XR would work out of the box. You can buy older module ht8 without battery cause futaba cable would power it up. Even better buy hisky fbl100 already with the module. I have done that and also own wl toys v922. In my opinion hisky fbl100 flies better, quieter and has more power :) (its newer which can cause that)
xoltri

Post by xoltri »

I was hoping someone could help me out with this. I have a HK450 so I'm not a newbie with CP helis.

I copied the settings that stevecox attatched to my er9x flashed Turnigy 9x transmitter. In regular mode it seems to work ok (ID0, throttle hold off). However the switches do strange things. When I put the throttle hold on it does lockout the throttle but it goes to full up collective pitch, and moving the collective stick on the transmitter does nothing.

Furthermore, ID1 goes to full throttle and full forward elevator and the sticks become non responsive. ID2 seems to work OK.

Any ideas what I can try? Thanks!
xoltri

Post by xoltri »

Well I found http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=2426 on rcgroups and it resolved my issue. I guess the settings on this thread were not right for my setup, which is odd since these are not that much different. My new settings have 45%cyc all around and 125%thr on ch 11. But now throttle hold works as normal and the mode switch works as well.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Stevecox's setup is for a FBL100 using HT8 as tx module. It is not a regular cp heli set up. it does not apply to HK450. go to heli section in this forum, there are a lot of cp heli setup files for 'regular' cp heli including FBL.

Return to “Helicoptor Programming”