Help with ER9X, HK450 and Flymentor

Heywhire

Help with ER9X, HK450 and Flymentor

Post by Heywhire »

I need help with setting up er9x with Flymentor. I got a template off this site and modified/added what I needed for the flymentor. The problem I have is, when I try to center the servos via flymentor I have issues. When I adjust the pitch servo all servos move, when I center the pitch and try to center the aileron servo the pitch servo adjusts in the opposite direction. The elevator servo I can adjust by itself.

I have full swash movement and everything is operational.

Does anybody have a good template for a 450 using er9x and flymentor? I have attached the eePe file for a better look at my configuration.
My mixes
My mixes
I can also get the basic servo control for flymentor to work but when I add curves to it with ID0, ID1 or ID2 the pitch servo acts like it is conflicted with another mix. I make the changes and simulate it and all works great but when I send to TX and turn the flymentor on pitch servo chatters.

Channel 5 is the flymentor gyro sensitivity which I still need to adjust and channel 7 is the flymentor itself sensitivity.

Thanks for any input.
Attachments
ER9X Heywhire Config 6_20_2012.eepe
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 609 times
My Curves
My Curves

RCHH

Re: Help with ER9X, HK450 and Flymentor

Post by RCHH »

Not sure if you are still watching this thread. Flymentor mixing is done entirely by Flymentor itself. You absolutely cannot have any mixes in your TX. If you have any, get shot of them and do ALL programming within HeliBal or PPC
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Take out the line 37% P3 on channel 5, and set the mix on channel 7 to 100%. See if that is any better.
-Gohst
Heywhire

Post by Heywhire »

Thanks for the replies. I have not been following this lately but I will try both suggections. Thanks
sidney

Post by sidney »

I am new to Er9X, but I am enjoying using my modified Turnigy 9X v2.
I felt that I had to reply to the advice given, not to use any mixes when you are using a Flymentor.
I do not try to use any swash plate control, as this is done by the flymentor ! however I do use my own mixes for the throttle curve and the collective (pitch) curve.
Remembering that "Fans" follow a cube law, I keep the throttle curve very near flat, starting with Zero, rising to a sensible speed for flight at 25% thumb control and then rising only a further 20% at full throttle.
My pitch curve starts at about 3 degrees and rises to about 12 degrees at full throttle.
This allows a novice like me to hover, climb and land very gently, consistently.
I know that will not suit more advanced pilots. I fly in my back yard with many obstacles, and in past endevours I have landed very hard, damaging my three HK450s.
Today I flew both my 450TT and a $27 HK450 first flights with the ER9X. No damage, and felt relaxed the whole time, total 4 flights
Best of luck Sid

greyfox

Post by greyfox »

sidney wrote:I am new to Er9X, but I am enjoying using my modified Turnigy 9X v2.
I felt that I had to reply to the advice given, not to use any mixes when you are using a Flymentor.
I do not try to use any swash plate control, as this is done by the flymentor ! however I do use my own mixes for the throttle curve and the collective (pitch) curve.
Remembering that "Fans" follow a cube law, I keep the throttle curve very near flat, starting with Zero, rising to a sensible speed for flight at 25% thumb control and then rising only a further 20% at full throttle.
My pitch curve starts at about 3 degrees and rises to about 12 degrees at full throttle.
This allows a novice like me to hover, climb and land very gently, consistently.
I know that will not suit more advanced pilots. I fly in my back yard with many obstacles, and in past endevours I have landed very hard, damaging my three HK450s.
Today I flew both my 450TT and a $27 HK450 first flights with the ER9X. No damage, and felt relaxed the whole time, total 4 flights
Best of luck Sid
can you share your template setup
josuahj

Post by josuahj »

finally someone who has the same curves as me on fm , yes i rarely have the throttle over halfway mark, it starts at zero goes to 10 deg pitch at half way ,and not much further anyway .. seems to give a stable flight with fm

Return to “Helicoptor Programming”