Failsafe test

Love the 9x? Use FRSky? Post your questions and answers here!
heliperry

Failsafe test

Post by heliperry »

Hi guys.
I'm going to be running two X8R receivers with a dual power dual receiver redundancy R8-20 to get 9+ channels in my IMAC plane with a Horus x12s Opentx. I'm new to this so I'm looking for some input on how to do a failsafe test on the set up before installing it in the plane. I have a test plate with Servos mounted, so I tested my receiver binding between the above-mentioned electronics. Like I said I'm new to this transmitter programming and receiver setup. So is there a way to test failsafe with radio by turning off receiver one then two?
Thanks

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Failsafe test

Post by MikeB »

You might be able to test by binding the receivers using different receiver numbers. By swapping between the two values on the Tx, you should be able to get each Rx operating with the other one entering failsafe. Note that a receiver only enters failsafe after it has received a valid signal,

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
heliperry

Post by heliperry »

Mike, Ill give that a try.
Being I'm still in the testing mode before it goes into my plane I'll see if that will work. I'm not sure if I changed receiver numbers when I bound two together in my initial test, I'll have to check it out.
heliperry

Post by heliperry »

Mike, I tried what you suggested. It did go to failsafe. But what I'm trying to decide is what is the advantage of running an RB-20 redundancy over just running the 2 Receiver's directly to batteries bypassing the RB-20. Any input on this?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The RB20 will use all 16 channels from a working receiver. If you use two receivers, each with a battery, you get channels 1-8 from one and 9-16 from the other. If a battery or receiver fails, you lose 8 channels.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

heliperry

Post by heliperry »

That's what I was thinking also. At least with this dual receiver setup I can have half of the airplane on each receiver and if one fails I should be able to land the plane safely.
heliperry

Post by heliperry »

I'm looking for some help with binding Two receivers to one IMAC plane. I'm using a RX8BR receiver to a redundancy BUS-10 for 8channels using two batteries for redundancy. Am also using a XM+ receiver as a redundancy back up for the receiver. First question...when binding these receivers do I need to change receiver number for each one while binding example, bind 2 then bind 3 ? I'm using a X12s open transmitter. I'm also plugging the receivers into the bus-10 RX1 in and (RX2 in (MX+))
Second question...the fail safe mode seams to work .. but I'm getting an over travel situation on my throttle servo that I'm testing fail safe with. It does go to the low throttle position but it's going past throttle stick position. Can any one help?
heliperry

Return to “The FRSKY Forum”