Frsky XM+ solid red blinking green while pressing f/s button | I'm about to quit [emoji2957][emoji379]

Love the 9x? Use FRSky? Post your questions and answers here!
ItoSan

Frsky XM+ solid red blinking green while pressing f/s button | I'm about to quit [emoji2957][emoji379]

Post by ItoSan »

Hi guys, I'm so frustrated please help. I can't find this problem mentioned anywhere. After issue after issue after issue after issue I managed to fly for 10 sec and I hard landed. Quad rolled and wasn't able to rearm anymore (also osd disappeared but that's another story I guess). On the bench: rx didn't show any sign of life. Rewired it and it powers on now. Doesn't bind though. Rebound, nothing. Steady red led and while I press the bind/fs button the green led flashes weakly, I release the button and only red led stays on steady.
Tried to reflash with all sorts of firmware on both ports (bottom S.Port and back ext. Port) on my Taranis X7. I did this many times always worked. Nothing. It shows this message I never saw
"FW update error Bottom pin no resp"
The pins are connected in the right order on both attempts (inverted +- on back port).
I have an FCC firmware on the TX but tried also the LBT fw just for the **** of it and nothing seems to work.
I hope somebody had the same issue. Please avoid saying is faulty or is broken. I know it is just if you can think of a solution.
Thanks a lot guys and sorry for my frustration [emoji3531]Image

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

Kilrah

Re: Frsky XM+ solid red blinking green while pressing f/s button | I'm about to quit [emoji2957][emoji379]

Post by Kilrah »

Sorry, but "broken" is the only possible explanation for your symptoms.

A device doesn't magically lose firmware in a crash, but it certainly can get physically damaged, which can explain not powering up, and not working when one of the broken contacts just happens to be restored by luck allowing for signs of life but there are still other broken things preventing it from working.

So do yourself a favor and replace it instead of wasting time on a dead RX...
ItoSan

Re: Frsky XM+ solid red blinking green while pressing f/s button | I'm about to quit [emoji2957][emoji379]

Post by ItoSan »

That's exactly what I meant...
It does power up, it doesn't flash. If it's a one buck capacitor replacement I honestly would go for that instead of buying another rx...again. JC from Project Blue Falcon used to do these repairs unfortunately he no longer can. You know as I do, it's fine I'm hoping in someone more prepared.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

If it blinks the firmware is there, flashing is pointless.
If it doesn't respond to control signals nor bind something's broken between the MCU and the RF chips.
If it doesn't flash something's broken between the MCU and the connector.

The likely cause is one or multiple cracked solder joints/pads/traces, if you have good SMD repair skills you can investigate and possibly repair it. But nobody will be able to tell you much more than the above or magically point you to one particular thing without having access to it...
ItoSan

Re: RE: Re: Frsky XM+ solid red blinking green while pressing f/s button | I'm about to quit [emoji2957][emoji379]

Post by ItoSan »

Kilrah wrote:If it blinks the firmware is there, flashing is pointless.
If it doesn't respond to control signals nor bind something's broken between the MCU and the RF chips.
If it doesn't flash something's broken between the MCU and the connector.

The likely cause is one or multiple cracked solder joints/pads/traces, if you have good SMD repair skills you can investigate and possibly repair it. But nobody will be able to tell you much more than the above or magically point you to one particular thing without having access to it...
Yes that's exactly what I meant. I'm hoping that someone like JC or LIvyu can help

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Anyone who could help would need to have your receiver in their hands, and shipping would cost more than a new receiver...
ItoSan

Post by ItoSan »

Let's wait I'm patient. Thank you for your opinion though ;-)

Return to “The FRSKY Forum”